PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Corbeau Seats in a TR6

richards
10-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I am considering installing Corbeau Classic Seats in my
1974 TR6.
I would like to hear from anyone who has done that.
How do you like the seats & what brackets did you use?

Thanks
RMS TR6

Alan_Myers
10-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi,

I'm also looking at Classics for my TR4, but haven't purchased them yet. I have seen them installed in several cars and think they look quite appropriate.

For mounting, I'll probably modify and use www.summitracing.com (https://www.summitracing.com)'s dual locking brackets. (Dual locking type are the only adjustable sliders acceptable in some racing venues.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PeterK
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I have ther Classics with headrests in my 4A. It's still a project so I haven't driven in them yet. I used the Corbeau universal sliders mounted on aluminum channel to the floor. Perfect fit for the space. They are very tight fit to sit in so they won't fit everyones body.

TRMark
10-05-2006, 09:33 PM
This topic has come up before. Type Corbeau into search in the Triumph area and it will show up. I have them in my TR4, I love them; I ordered them with the inflatable lumbar, well worth the money.

richards
02-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Corbeau Classic Seats in My TR6 https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/RMSTR6/IMG_4697.jpg https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/RMSTR6/IMG_4574.jpg https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/RMSTR6/IMG_4695.jpg
These seats only fit "smaller size" people. I love them.
They hold you in around turns, you do not have to hang on
to the steering wheel.

Triumph_blue
02-19-2007, 11:57 AM
They look great. I have a roll bar and would probably hang the restraint system from the bar. What can I expect to pay for a pair.
Frank
1973 TR6

richards
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I paid about $225 each with shipping, Plus the cost of the seat tracks.
I modified the seat bottoms by reducing their height by 50%.
I had a shop do that, they took out about 50% of the foam.

I do not know how well they might fit with a roll bar. We had to move the seats inwards to avoid the soft top
mechanical parts. Check out that out!!

PeterK
02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Nice idea using the harness pads to protect the seats. I wish these seats had harness slots but I agree, they're great looking seats.

racingenglishcars
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Corbeau seats had been dis-allowed by FIA a couple years ago

Brosky
02-19-2007, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] These seats only fit "smaller size" people. I love them. [/QUOTE]

So I guess my 6'-1" 210lb bod ain't getting in these bad boys?

richards
02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
look into a bench seat.

Brosky
02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
My wife saw this post and said if I didn't start to lose some weight, I might need a park bench.

Ha-ha, yuk-yuk!

richards
02-19-2007, 06:27 PM
My friend and mechanic Walter at Britalia said getting in these seats is just a matter of having the correct size hips. He ends up siting on top of the seats side rails.

I am about 165 and fit ok. My wife is a about 110 and thinks they are too tight.

Anyway, I am glad you did not get mad at me for my comment.
RMSTR6

Brosky
02-19-2007, 07:41 PM
My wife only weighs 105, so she can say whatever she wants. She watches everything that she eats and I watch myself eat everything. My problem is that I love Italian food. Big surprise, huh? I have a big frame and can carry it, but the first five of 15lbs. is done, now the hard part of getting rid of the last ten pounds.

I know, I know, still no chance of getting my fat butt in the seat. Especially if your little peanut thinks that they are tight. I won't tell her that you said how much she weighs if you don't tell mine what I said.

I have never gotten even remotely concerned about any comments on this forum. I dish a little out and can take a lot, so, to be honest, I considered your comment to be pretty accurate.

roofman
02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I am putting Miata seats in. Will post photo's if and when I ever get my dash wiring fixed.
I too am a girth challenged individual, and can see myself needing the jaws of life to get out of the corbeau's.
I bought some miata seats, new leather covers,& brackets for about $350 -$375. I like the headrest vs. the low back seats, and these flair in on the sides to keep away from the convetible top frame.

TRMark
02-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Well, maybe. I am 5'11', 200 lbs. Pant size is 36-32. I fit my Corbeau seats, not much room to spare, gotta kinda watch the beer intake. I think they look right in a TR. Just one somewhat fatboys opinion.

mrv8q
02-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Roofman, I'd love to see some pix and info when you're done... currently seatless, and looking for options!

02-20-2007, 05:23 AM
I like the replacement seats that Vicky Brit (can you believe?) sells.

Good things: Very good looking (mimic OE but better looking). Extremely comfortable with good lumbar and lateral support. Easy to flip up and have long travel. Great functional headrests.

Bad things: Pricey. Quality about as good as you are gonna get (good to good-enough). Do NOT fit you 4 original floor holes. Will have to drill new holes or custom make a bracket, which I did (one of the good things about putting in new floorboards.) I will post a pic of the bracket when I can find my camera.

Bottom line on the VB seats. Now that I have them installed (or soon to be re-installed), I love them. Get many compliments on them from fellow enthusiasts. Great for long trips and a bad back. No way in Hades to find out who makes them (supposedly are made in UK, unless that is VB's code name for Taiwan.) as Victoria British will give you absolutely zero information on manufacturing or vendor sources. Period. Nada.

rooster
02-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Bill,

Can you post a photo of the VB seats?

I am looking for a set of the Miata seats but they are very difficult to come by north of the border.

Thanks

richards
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
for VB seats try:
https://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/t6/0002.html