PDA

View Full Version : Choke cable

jaybird
10-02-2006, 11:31 PM
I need to replace Emma's choke cable. Do I have to pull the dash to do it?

LLAngus
10-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I took out the speedo and reached in through the opening. It is suggested you put a socket on the cable and use a plyers to tighten the choke cable nut. thanks Bruce

jaybird
10-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Ahh, okay, good idea. I'll give that a go.

PAUL161
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Janel, You can also use a 15/16 crows foot, I think that's the size, and tighten the nut with it. It works very well. I would also disconnect the battery first before going behind the dash with metal tools. A little caution goes a long ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif PJ

Mickey Richaud
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Janel, You can also use a 15/16 crows foot, I think that's the size, and tighten the nut with it. It works very well. I would also disconnect the battery first before going behind the dash with metal tools. A little caution goes a long ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif PJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul -

Rule number 37: Never, EVER, talk to women about crows' feet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Mickey

jaybird
10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif
YEA, what he said.

Chuck called from the shop. John didn't have the right cable so I had to order one. A bit more concerned about the holes in Emma's floorpans now...

Seems there was a bit of rot there. Seems the holes increased in size when olwhatshisname started banging out the rust.

Well, all's good. Emma needs some serious TLC anyway now that Binabox is finished. Have an OD to put in, some cosmetic work. ARGH, if he buys another car, Emma's going to be neglected again...

PAUL161
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I guess I should have said, that little wrench with no handle, huh. Sorry Janel, nothing personel. It's me, I'm just prone to getting in trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif PJ

Tom Bedenbaugh
10-04-2006, 03:07 PM
The nut is 3/4". I bought a boxend wrench at a pawn shop. Cut a slot in the boxend big enough to slide over the cable. Cut it to 1 1/2" long. You can get to it from the passengeers side. You may have to pull the freash air vent tube off the vent, but it's real easy to remove that way and you don't have to remove any gages.

jaybird
10-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Tom, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes once the cable gets here.