PDA

View Full Version : GOSH! This constant "Up-Down, Up-Down"...

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 05:04 PM
..to fetch beers from th' garage 'fridge as I read and post is gettin' annoyin'... I either gotta move th' 'pooter closer to th' "locker" or grow longer ARMS!

*sheesh*

P.S... The: "Oh, Princess?!? Fetch me a BEER!" has netted me (so-far) multiple bruises and several nights onna couch, FWIW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 05:49 PM
hmmm... yeah... I to notice how the desire for convenience can be so.... inconvenient at times....

ObiRichKanobi
10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Hmmmm....laptop and WIFI. THe answer to all the problems.

SilentUnicorn
10-02-2006, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm....laptop and WIFI. THe answer to all the problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

WIFI me a beer please.....

mark

anthony7777
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
doc, perhaps "oneadeeze" about $100.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I've GOT "oneadoze" not ten steps a-port... it's as nunyas says: 'desire for convenience'... Homer Simpson has a hat I covet.

Rich: My frellin' WIFI laptop took a powder, and I used to set it on top of the garage beer locker to read/post. Looks as if it's time to replace th' thing. Then it becomes a matter of which direction to set the chair....

Bugeye58
10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Decisions, decisions............................ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
"Iss a funnyol'game, innit?!?"

weewillie
10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
aah! you have everything glued to the top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
...an' here I thought it was just ME! *SNORK!*

vping
10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Figured it out fer ya!

https://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=3

...just don't lay on yer back or we'll be need'n a moderfication.

anthony7777
10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
weewille, nah it came that way, sides its in my sons room, i was ascared to open it! see hes able to walk on the walls, somthin he learned from "star track" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif mines a full size job next to my office.i can stand straight up for my grog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif youngins what ya gunna do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

anthony7777
10-02-2006, 07:00 PM
vping, also comes with an optional extractor/release set up! dont think basil would allow me to post the pictures though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

weewillie
10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Mine's a small one that we got for my son when he was in university, fits nicely under my work bench and holds a 24 and a bottle of pop to mix with the vodka in the freezer. and I can reach it even after i have fallen down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

tony barnhill
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM
My daughter gave me this Whirlpool fridge for b'day; holds about 4 12-packs (2 cases, Doc):

https://www.theautoist.com/fridge.JPG

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 09:01 PM
ah, but Tony, that fridge is in the wrong location for optimum convenience during forum millings. at the very least, the grinding wheel will have to be moved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jaybird
10-02-2006, 09:05 PM
~shakes head~

You silly, silly men. If you would drink something that comes in a 750mil bottle rather than a 12ouncer, you wouldn't have to worry about refrigeration or getting up and walking a few feet to fetchabrew...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/DSC0800_thumb.jpg

Darwin
10-02-2006, 09:08 PM
https://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=479

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 09:08 PM
but ya still gotta keep refilling that glass with ice! *sigh*

Baz
10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you would drink something that comes in a 750mil bottle

[/ QUOTE ]

PB Blaster supersize can?

jaybird
10-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Actually, I prefer my SoCo straight up, no ice. Was the first pic I came across on the 'net.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My daughter gave me this Whirlpool fridge for b'day; holds about 4 12-packs (2 cases, Doc)

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, Tony: My maths skills were honed well: I kin kount ta 12 (half-a-kase), then dublit to equel ONE... then dublit and arrive at both cases... 'sides: I have friends who're lawyers... they have double cases alla time! AND they seem to fit 'em in to a proper schedule.

...I want a "Kegerator!" My lawyer buddies would be GREEN with envy. And I wouldn't need math nomore!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Nunyas
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
hmmm... you can keep you SoCo... last time I had that stuff, I had a ~REALLY~ long morning the next day... in formation no less... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

jaybird
10-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Eh, I was a SoCo girl before it was legal for me to be a SoCo girl. Then I was a rum girl (the good stuff, not that gnarly clear crud) but lately, I've come back to my beginnings.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is good stuff Nooney. Ifn you (gawd now I sound like Dockie) respect it. If you don't...well, you know, don't you?

DrEntropy
10-02-2006, 09:21 PM
MUHAAHAAHAAA!!! My Eville Plan is WORKING!!!!!

jaybird
10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
~snort~ Getta out my head Dockie.

WhatsThatNoise
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can reach it even after i have fallen down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Now if you could fine tune your fridge to -5C and get one of these surgers.

https://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:j4U...t=clnk&cd=3 (https://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:j4UHIxxAWe0J:www.escapecrate.co.uk/%3Fp%3D158+britain+refrigerated+beer&hl=en&gl=us&c t=clnk&cd=3)

(I'm waiting for the cordless version) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catfood
10-03-2006, 01:52 PM
The Real Stuff!!! (https://www.camra.org.uk/)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I'll have what they're having!

DrEntropy
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM
*sigh*

... I'll just have to endure th' tinned bear whizz fer now...

That "Surger" thingie is brill... but pro'lly 220V and we're a bit shy of Tesco outlets on this side of th' pond as well.

RATS!

martx-5
10-03-2006, 03:17 PM
You haven't had a real beer until you've had this stuff. (https://www.trappistes-rochefort.com/bieres_accueil.htm) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

DrEntropy
10-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I live in a land where Augie Busch has a monopolistic lock on the sale of what is called "beer"... It ain't ~pleasant~ but it is ~so~. There is a truely Irish pub a few miles from us, owned/operated by ex-pat Irish brothers. I can get a near-proper pint of Guinness there. It's a treat I indulge in a few times a year.

OOoohhh!!! Herself's Birthday is this Friday!!! A good plausible excuse!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

WhatsThatNoise
10-03-2006, 04:25 PM
My area can best be described as the front line of a clash between hillbillies & city folk.

Fortunately several good restaurants have popped up that cater to the type of people that the 3 colleges in the area attract.

This is a relatively recent development and one that provides good Guinness drinking opportunities.

The difference of culture can be interesting.

One night while having a pint........
Overheard a visitor to the area say he had just hit a deer on the way to the restaurant.
His wife still looked very shaken by the whole experience.......
Two guys in pickup trucks apparently stopped to ask him if he wanted the corpse.
The first was disappointed in the condition of the deer and left.....
The second gutted it out in front of the visiting professor and his wife, chucked it in the truck & sped off.
He was describing the whole incident in great, astonished detail.

Hope the locals don't scare em all away.

DrEntropy
10-03-2006, 05:27 PM
"Cosmopolitan in spite of itself." -- s'what I've been saying about where I am now for years. It's actually happening, too.

swift6
10-03-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in a land where Augie Busch has a monopolistic lock on the sale of what is called "beer"...

[/ QUOTE ]

We have it pretty good here in Northern Colorado. Other than the Bud plant outside Fort Collins and the home of Coors just down the road, Fort Collins also has four microbreweries, all of which have at least two star beers out of the five to six that they offer. Plenty of pubs with Guinness as well as English brews. Even the Liquor stores have good selections of beer and ale in this area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

weewillie
10-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Dere's nutin' loike a pint of XXX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

jaybird
10-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Dos Equis? Negra Modela hands down over XXX (according to the beerdrinkers around me)

Beer of choice? Amberbock, Killian's, whatever else is available.

jaybird
10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
THIS is the proper beer for LBC enthusiasts...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/old_engine_oil.jpg

Dave Russell
10-04-2006, 09:45 AM
I never drank a beer that I didn't like. They are all better than whatever is next. Makes the selection easy.
D

Mickey Richaud
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dos Equis? Negra Modela hands down over XXX (according to the beerdrinkers around me)

Beer of choice? Amberbock, Killian's, whatever else is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm - that would be "Tres Equis", JB! If it's Mexican Beer you're into, I like Tecate and Bohemia.

And if you like Killian's, you'd like our Blackhorse Pub's "Barnstormer Red" - my personal favorite down the street here.

Mickey

DrEntropy
10-04-2006, 09:50 AM
...I gotta come up there fer a visit...

Mickey Richaud
10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...I gotta come up there fer a visit...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're waitin' on me, you're backin' up!

Mickey

DrEntropy
10-04-2006, 10:05 AM
I've got, mmm, ...issues.

....called: "Clients." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

JamesWilson
10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
THIS is the proper beer for LBC enthusiasts...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/old_engine_oil.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall seeing THAT in my local Tesco... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All sorts of other rubbish, though....

jaybird
10-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I bought 2 bottles of OEO for our club Christmas exchange a couple years ago. Cost me $12 for 2 stinking bottles of beer.

Nunyas
10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
not to derail a derailed topic........

but back to the original topic.....

I'm still waiting for WiFi power cords (i.e. wirelsess extension cords) to come out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif