PDA

View Full Version : 4 Jaybird

Basil
09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Just a little something to get you all wobbly in the knees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
Helter Skelter (https://www.metacafe.com/watch/72993/helter_skelter_2006_grammy_award/)

kennypinkerton
09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I thought he died years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif Seems like there were hints about it on the "Sgt Pepper" album art. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KLUTZ
09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
OUCH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Banjo
09-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Abby Road.
Paul was barefoot on the jacket, and there was a quiet " Paul is dead, Paul is dead" in between 2 songs on the album.
Cool Video Basil! Thanks for the link.

Basil
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Abby Road.
Paul was barefoot on the jacket, and there was a quiet " Paul is dead, Paul is dead" in between 2 songs on the album.
Cool Video Basil! Thanks for the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the big "Paul is Dead" thing. It was going on when I was in high school (just a couple years ago). On one of their songs (Strawberry Fields?) John can be heard saying, in a rather low tone at the end of the song, what was reported to be "I buried Paul." John was asked about that in an interview once and said what he was actually saying was "Cranberry Sauce" and if you listen to it with that in mind, it does sound like Cranberry Sauce and not "I buried Paul."

On the back of the Abby Road album, the wall has a series of dots on it that seem to form the number 3, so it looks like it says "3 Beatles."

Basil

kennypinkerton
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Ok, Abby Road... My mom has all of them... I need to get with her about the ubiquitous artwork. hhehehehehe.

jaybird
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Basil! Thanks! Oooh he's still hot, although George was my favorite. The White Album is my most favorite.

Basil knows more Beatle trivia than I do, I'm sure. But the White Album was going to be called "A Doll's House." And here's the artwork for the album cover. Of course they opted for white. First song recorded for the album was "Revolution."

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/whitealbumartwork.jpg

Oh, Basil. I went to the Classical Mystery Tour evening before our car show. Although the 'Beatles' were not nearly as good vocally as 1964, they put a great show on with the symphony behind them. Costume changes to go with the music/album they were playing. Played a lot of good stuff, great stuff, from the White Album and Sgt. Pepper's. The guy being "George" played the devil out of his guitar during 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' - my most favorite song, followed closely by 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer.'
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Basil
09-25-2006, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' - my most favorite song,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then: WMGGW (https://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/Basil_WMGGW.wmv) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jaybird
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
~stands and applauds~

BRAVO!

Now play it on the guitar for me!

(song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif