PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Dace
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Guys,
As a "newbie" to the forum be gentle.
I'll start as I mean to go on with a stupid question. Between which two points does the engine earthing strap fit on a Healey BN7 engine. The reason for such a basic question is I brought the car already stripped and now I'm on the rebuild, after re-furbing' and replacing parts I'm finding I've got bits missing, bits I cant account for or new bits that dont fit. Refering to books and pictures I've taken of restored cars dont show detail down to the level I'm after. I've noted a vertical face on the block joint line, above the sump(at the back of the starter motor, which is threaded and would seem to be a candidate for the engine end of the earth lead.
If correct what does the other end attach to?

Steve
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi Dace,

Good to have you here.....as a native of Wolverhampton, I am very familiar with your neck of the woods. You will find that this is a very gentle forum........It's designed to be that way. I'm an MG guy myself, but we all like to welcome newbies.

I would suggest copying your post on to the Healey forum, there will definitely be someone there who will answer your question.

Dace
09-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi Steve,
thanks for the advice on copying the post.
Dace

tony barnhill
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the BCF - sorry, all I know about are MG's...

Baz
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Up the Villa!
Welcome Dace, used to live in Rubery many moons ago, don't hold that against me. Good luck with that Healey.

Basil
09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Be sure to jump into the Healey forum as you proceed with your Healey - lots of great stuff there!

Basil

R6MGS
09-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome....From another MG guy....Get over to the Healey section and any questions you have will be answered....in a gentle way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dace
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Baz,
From Rubery !!!, well someone had to.
Thanks to you and the other members for the welcome messages.

Steve
09-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Rubery? Villa fan? Wolves (of course) for my sins......