PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Door Cord Question

gsalt57tr3
09-25-2006, 03:40 PM
As I said before, I am back on the road and drove quite a bit this weekend.

However, since this is a 57, I have a cord for opening my door. The problem is, just over the coarse of the weekend, the bolt attaching the cord to the door lever is begining to bend. Anyone got any solutions to this problem?

Vroom Vroom otherwise!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Banjo
09-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Two things to check are door fit, and freedom of movement in the latch.
If the door is fitting poorly it could be causing the latch mechanism to bind and thus putting too much strain on the bolt. Also if the latch mechanism itsself is getting sticky or is getting caught on the inner door panal it can cause the same thing.
Honestly, I almost always reached out and opened the door with the outside latch on a TR3. But I gotta start using the cord, or at least the bolt that sticks out of the panal when I get my TR2 togeather, as it dosen't have outer handles.
Cheers and good luck.

gsalt57tr3
09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Until the 58 TR3a, the TR3 had no outside door handles, so I'm stuck with the inner cord.

Banjo
09-27-2006, 06:38 AM
Ya know, After I posted that, I started to think... when did they put the outer handles on TRs? Answer.. when the went to the wide mouth 3A in '58.
Ok so your doors are just like mine. I should have guessed. 'Cause the later style dosen't have a "bolt" to bend.
Sitll, check the door fit and make sure the lever behind the interior panal isen't getting stuck.