PDA

View Full Version : Conclave Drivers

CDK
09-18-2003, 02:21 AM
Just finished reading the stats for the Conclave Slalom and Auto cross.Michael Oritt seems to have recored excelent times for both.I was wondering if you might be willing to share some insight as to how you did so well out of all the classes.That is if it wont be giving up any tricks of the trade.
Thanks and congradulations on some good runs
CDK

Michael Oritt
01-17-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just finished reading the stats for the Conclave Slalom and Auto cross.Michael Oritt seems to have recored excelent times for both.I was wondering if you might be willing to share some insight as to how you did so well out of all the classes.That is if it wont be giving up any tricks of the trade. CDK

[/ QUOTE ]

CDK--

In sifting through the 2003 posts for Basil I ran across this one that I apparently never saw nor replied to back then.

The truthful answer to your question is that I laid both courses out! Notwithstanding, my car is fairly heavily modified--both engine and suspension--and that counts for a lot. I also pushed hard and managed to do a 360 on one run.

Johnny
01-18-2005, 12:57 PM
For the novice driver, and I am one, I've always been told to increase tire pressure considerably and keep your eye on the cones in front. It helps to walk the course ahead of time also. Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

CDK
01-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have not been posting much lately as personal matters have been keeping me busy but I check in everyday. Imagine my surprise to see a post. I thought I had been a victim of idenity theft. Ha Ha I remember seeing your spin captured in a photo spread. It took a little while but thanks again for remembering me.
CDK