PDA

View Full Version : Son of Electrical Stuff

Trevor Triumph
09-23-2006, 11:54 PM
The Crane black box LED works, there is spark at the coil, spark at the spark plug, I think I found TDC and the car actaully ran. I shut it off to make sure it wasn't an anomoly and had trouble starting again. As I checked the distributor cap, I noticed that the carbon nub from the coil was concave instead. I changed caps and even though there is spark at the coil and plug, gas at the carbs, and, as far as I know, the timing hasn't changed, nor the psoition of the sensor, the engine still won't run. Any ideas? this is getting frustrating. This sort of fixing what wasn't broken! T.T.

piman
09-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Hello Trevor,

a quick check is to take the air filter(s) off and dribble some petrol into the carburettor(s). If it then tries to fire it is an ignition problem, if not then fuel is the first check, especially as it ran before.
I would also double check that the leads were replaced in the correct firing order as you swopped caps.

Alec

DNK
09-24-2006, 10:33 AM
With the Crane units it is important to run a Lucas style rotor button. A Bosch style is to big and will break. Check your rotor.
don