PDA

View Full Version : Did you at least look at your Triumph today?

Brosky
09-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Due to the resounding response to the previous "Driving" post, I decided to direct a post towards those of us who live in the New England or Mid Atlantic region. Since it seems to rain about 3 1/2 weekends per month, I felt that we should be able to say if we at least got to look at our cars, since most of us won't drive them in the conditions previously mentioned.

So I'll start it off. Yes, it did rain again today and it is forecasted to pour all day tomorrow, so I not only looked at my TR6, I actually buffed and waxed the hood and trunk to get rid of some scratches that came from a few little hands testing the smoothness of my paint at a NE show this summer. No, I wasn't mad at the kids. The parents are idiots, but that's another story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I had a special door installed from my personal bathroom into my enclosed one-car garage just so I can "go to the bathroom" and sneek a peek at my baby. The weird part is I can actually sit on the throne and read Hemming's Classic Car and peer at my baby; well, with a slight tilt.

I am not sure that this is where you intended this posting to go .

Bill

swift6
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure that this is where you intended this posting to go .

[/ QUOTE ]

I dare say not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Banjo
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Yea, I was out in the garage today. I saw it hiding under that pile of stuff... Sometime I'm gonna get to work on it... maybe even drive it someday.....
At least the CJ5 is coming along.. that'll be something fun to drive

Brosky
09-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Bill, you never fail to add levity where needed. I always enjoy your posts and I'm just getting punchy from all of the darn weekend rain.

Trevor Triumph
09-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Not only did I look at my Spitfire today, I looked at my wife's MkII as well. Then I went to my friend's house and looked at his(actually his wife's) MkIII. When I got home it started and ran for a few minutes!

piman
09-24-2006, 02:39 AM
Hello TT,

"When I got home it started and ran for a few minutes!",

I believe that does more harm than good, as an idling engine never warms up properly and so you get maximum wear.

By the way I run my Triumph as my everyday car and it is driven all year round.

Alec

kc_doyle
09-24-2006, 09:40 AM
pretty typical fall weekend in Wisconsin. Rain and cool. Today is in 40's but sunny. Going to fire the little yellow car up and go to church.

Harry_Ward
09-24-2006, 09:46 AM
2006! The summer that wasn't and was called off due to rain.

Gee Bill, I thought I was bad! From the bathroom?

I go in and check on my toys everyday. Rain or no rain, I use the California duster on them almost everyday because they are just too nice to cover. While dusting it's gotten to the point where I talk to them as well so I know I have some issues. I'll ask and look to see if the 3's incontinence problem has worsened. The XLH I remind of our youthful days of thunder. Then the prissy Sky has to be reminded that she's gonna get old too someday. It's funny this post should come up I spent almost an hour last night just taking photos with the digital because I realize now that I didn't take enough during the first reconstruction phase. So I'm hoping to have a lot of the before and afters thanks to the digital age for the next reconstruction phase.

Tinkerman
09-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Does looking at parts count? If so, I look at it most every day, sometimes I actually get to work on it, gasp. Kind of keeps the adrenelin pumping and the oil flowing through the veins.

Mickey Richaud
09-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Been raining here, too, but that has nothing to do with not driving the TR8 - it's not finished. But I did install the clutch, alternator, and part of the dash yesterday. Hope to get a little more done today. Gettin' closer...

Mickey

Brosky
09-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I just had to get mine out today before it began to pour again. I wanted to finish getting it ready for next weekend, come RAIN or SHINE. Preferably, shine, but I don't have much hope for that.

Anyhow, a quick twenty miler and then I took the final pics of the carpet installation (another post), just in time to beat the rain into the garage.

spooch22
09-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Looked,dusted,waxed,no drive today.

Andrew Mace
09-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Threw a new set of Champion L87YCs in the Herald and took a 35-mile trip to pick up my son from a friend's house. Stopped to pick up some milk on the way home and got the (typical) COOL CAR from another customer at the store. All routine stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MichaelG
09-24-2006, 05:36 PM
From all angles...the 4A is up on blocks and I worked on new exhaust system, cleaning wire wheel hubs....really want to get it on the road by next weekend for a run to the Cape

Mike Godley

Brosky
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I hope that we see you there. Introduce yourself if you make it.

R6MGS
09-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Yes, I know I don't have a Triumph
But....Despite the threatening weather I set out to give 61 A a good cleaning...it's been a month or so of daily driving without a wash so it was starting to look more like a project car than a driver...An hour of washing/ waxing had it lookingt sweet and then I started in on all the things I've neglected....Filled the shocks, tightened the bolts holding the top frame in place(requires the rear splash panel be removed), checked all fluids, filled dashpots, cleaned up the interior...Then finally went for a ride to 'clear it out"....Just made it home before the rain hit.

Brosky
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Michael, I did presume, perhaps incorrectly, that you meant you were going to attend the British Legends Weekend at the Cape next weekend? That's what I meant when I said I hoped that we would see you there.

If you're not familiar with the event and are interested in any or all of it, here is the info: https://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/BLW/CBLWKEND.htm

Again, all are welcome and we hope to meet you, if you do make it to the event.

Trevor Triumph
09-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Once again we looked at the cars and actually ran them. This time and made sure they would start a second and third time. The MkII started for the first time in six years. The last time we fired it up we had to use a fire extinghuisher to shut it down. As mentioned in another post, the addition to the Force you all felt was my wife's Spitfire MkII starting and running! T.T.

69tr
09-25-2006, 05:59 AM
I manage to get in the garage at least once a day. I check the oil, fluid in both master cylinders, and look it over. Even though I haven't driven it in a week, you can't be too careful.

Pete

Tinster
09-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Yup! Saw an ad on TV for the new season of
"Six Feet Under" which caused me to wandered
out to the garage to pay my respects to the

"Crypt Car"

Brosky
09-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Nothing like a positive attitude when it comes to owning an LBC. Dale, before you know it, that little TR6 is going to be cruising the beaches and turning heads all over the island.

Tinster
09-25-2006, 05:20 PM
I think you're dead-on correct paul.

The Crypt Car is facing toward the street
from my garage. I live on a corner where folks
walk by for exercise.

Since I have completed restoration of the front
end, I'm starting to get quite a few folks dropping
in see what that "fancy red race car" is.

I have to admit, with some degree of pride, the
dead TR250/6 is really beginning to look nice.

BTW: wool or nylon carpet in your car?

dale

Brosky
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Dale, I bought the tufted nylon, which was original in the 73-76 TR6, but fits all models. I actually had to, in order to be able to match the correct dark brown color combination used with the Chestnut interior on my car. 1974 was the first of two years for the Chestnut interior.