PDA

View Full Version : new member with a problem

Hiawathi33
09-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone...I hope someone can help me.
I have a 1976 MG Midget without a Title or Registration. I am unable to get any info on this car, don't know who the previous owners are. Can anyone help? GAN6UG187285G is the only thing I have to go by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JamesWilson
09-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Have you checked with your State about what they require to register a vehicle? I can't claim any expertise, but it seems each state has its own regulations and you should see what applies in your own, or in the state where the car originated if not your own....

I hope you have a bill of sale at least. If you've no paperwork I suspect your life will become very interesting in resolving this problem.

Basil
09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Your state's DMV should be able to help you with a "title search". When I had to register a 1950 Daimler, there were some problems with the Title (the son of the deceased owner had signed the title as executor of the estate). Anyway, I had to have the state police do a title search to ensure that the car was not stolen. If I were you I'd call my local DMV as a starting point.

Basil

weewillie
09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a friend who bought a model a to restore and didn't get a title,bill of sale or receipt, and when he went to dmv to register it he wrote up a receipt and just put an unreadable signature on it(made up) and had no problems

R6MGS
09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who bought a model a to restore and didn't get a title,bill of sale or receipt, and when he went to dmv to register it he wrote up a receipt and just put an unreadable signature on it(made up) and had no problems

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Only in Ontario /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

tony barnhill
09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
You could always buy a VIN & title from somebody's parts car & redo yours.