PDA

View Full Version : GT6 GT6+ on I5 today

sammyb
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Saw a great maroon-colored GT6+ humming south down I5 in Olympia this afternoon. He was going about 65 mph.

It hit me how dang small the GT6s are compared to modern cars, because he was tiny in comparison to everything else out there.

I gave him the thumbs-up, but since I was in my Toyota Avalon, he probably didn't think I knew what he was driving, just that I thought it was cool.

But it was amazing how just seeing a Triumph on the road made my crazy, hectic, frustrating day so much more enjoyable.

R6MGS
09-19-2006, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But it was amazing how just seeing a Triumph on the road made my crazy, hectic, frustrating day so much more enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif
I walked out of a very crowded downtown DMV one day after getting to frustrated with the wait and finally giving up, I walk out onto the street and a little red MGA came puttering past....All that frustration was lost and I gave the thumbs up along with a big smile.

Flinkly
09-20-2006, 01:25 PM
i hope to put a tahiti blue gt6 back on the road in the next year. of course i'm a bit far, down in salem. i've always wanted to see a working gt6 in person, mine is in pieces so i can't even dream.

i do see spits from time to time...and an mg in the west hills (always parked).

philman
09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
the shopping cart kid at the local safeway came up to me yesterday commenting on how nice my car looked and that he saw it earlier in the day near taco bell. He even knew it was a TR7 and was impressed when I told him that I also owned a convertible tr7, TR8 parts car and a '59 statiion wagon. my point is that people recognise triumphs and seem to love them -- even if they don't drive one.

DougF
09-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I pulled up to a customer's business today in my TR6. After sitting in the car for a minute, a gentleman ran up beside me with a huge smile on his face. Turns out he was a few hundred yards away and had to come over to look at it. He must have had five-ten lbs. of loose papers in his arms.
Fortunately, he didn't trip in one of PA's finest potholes along the way.

09-21-2006, 06:09 AM
We are all shameless. Often, to make my day, I will pull up to one of many coffee shops in New Orleans in my TR6, after circling the block enough times to find the ideal parking spot (where I can watch it), turn off the engine and turn on the fan to cool down. After popping the bonnet to "fiddle" with something (usually the excess brake fluid "sweat" on my master cylinder cap), inadvertently someone will saunter over and make some much appreciated comments about my car. Often as not, a 50ish male with preppish clothes.

An addendum to this, the latest Newsweek magazine had an article on the rising values in collector cars and how aging Boomers flush with cash want to relive their youth. Alas, our precious LBCs are beginning to rise in value. As witnessed by the average restored TR6 hovering around 15K.

Bill