PDA

View Full Version : Radio Antennas

MGTF1250Dave
09-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Aloha All,

I'm considering mounting a radio in my TR3. It is an old push button AM radio. I really don't want to put a hole in the body to mount an antenna. Does anyone have a suggestion on where I could mount one? Is there some place in the cockpit for example?

Thanks in advance.

myspitfire
09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Dave;I have an item that you may like it will do the job your asking.Its called a quote"FLIP-FLOP DISAPPEARING RADIO ANTENNA"Mount will accept trunk or roof antennas.
This is a new item & this is what the box says;>FLIP-YOU USE IT..FLOP YOU HIDE IT.Fits new or existing antennas up to 48"long NO UNSIGHTLY HOLES,MOUNTS ON TRUNK RAIN CHANNEL(INSIDE TRUNK)(BOOT)Left rear position advisable.Instructions & hardware included.
Helps prevent theft of CB & OR antennas.Allows automatic car washing without dismantling the antenna.Best of all you DON'T need to drill any holes it flips down inside the boot.
If your interested in this innovative product contact my email at.....MYSPITFIRE@ZOOMSHARE.COM.....I have THREE AVAILABLE. Ken

philknight
09-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Dave
Go to www.antennax.com (https://www.antennax.com), click on classics, page 3 has a hidden antenna that adheres to the windscreen. I've never used their product but it might be the ticket. Phil