PDA

View Full Version : je pistons,help requested

cjm
09-04-2006, 06:10 AM
hi,we are in a bind,we have had a water leak which has damaged written and printed info.some engine parts are not with us,and i need some technical info to start custom piston order from je pistons.the engine is a 2.5 straight six,eng' no'-mm34741he,i need the cubic inch displacement,stroke,and block height,and if there is any other advice relating to ordering custom pistons from je,we would be very grateful.many thanks.

Alan_Myers
09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi,

Have you talked with Cambridge Motorsport (https://shop.cambridgemotorsport.com/)? They import U.S.-made JE Pistons for TRs into the U.K. They might be able to guide you with the specs, as well as offer some savings since they buy in batches, presumably with reduced per-item cost and better shipping terms.

Since you are in England, there might be additional savings with respect to import duties, working through an importer who pays a percentage based on their wholesale prices, rather than the duties you might incur on a higher direct-purchase, retail price. (I'm not sure this applies to things going from the U.S. to England. It certainly does on things coming from there to here.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

cjm
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
hi alan myers,you are a star!yet again i owe you,i will contact them tommorrow and see what the score is,many thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif (thanks for link also)