PDA

View Full Version : Pre-War Austins touring the USA

Baz
09-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, so my apologies for that.

Please, if you are in or around any part of Route 66, please give these very brave guys your support.

Pre-War Austins Touring USA (https://a7route66.typepad.com/baby_austins_on_the_mothe/)

Driving a bunch of pre-war austins several thousand miles is a feat in itself. I'll be lucky enough to see and support them in Springfield, IL tomorrow and their itinerary is at the bottom of the page.
I personally have never seen these cars (alive) and maybe a final opportunity to do so; these old Brit cars are a very rare breed.

swift6
09-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Gee, why won't they come through Colorado? Other than staying on Route 66. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Steve_S
09-03-2006, 10:54 PM
COOL!!! Not only am I thrilled by this, but they are staying in a hotel in Los Angeles 2 miles from my house!!! YAY!!!

Baz
09-04-2006, 04:51 AM
I met them yesterday, they're having a blast, and those cars! Good people and by the time they get to you Steve, I suppose they'd need a chiropractor and a drink.

jlaird
09-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Those are neat little cars. I like the closed sudan best.

Sherlock
09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
And they're coming nowhere near Canada either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif Although I suppose only a few of BCF folks will get the opportunity regardless of which side of the border we live...

Steve_S
09-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Do they have a direct contact? Our local TC club is thinking of hosting an event for them.

Baz
09-05-2006, 06:05 AM
We found out that they don't Steve. The best way to get hold of them would be through the website, Diana is the contact name, she is on the trip and updates the site as they travel and can probably get a message.
They are very nice people, the cars are unbelievably sturdy and reliable, to think they've gone all over europe and across the Andes mountains in these puts my midget to shame.
The itinerary will give the best guess on a date in LA.
https://www.a7route66.typepad.com/

Roger
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I wish I could make it somewhere to see them. I've met a couple of them years ago when I was a 750MC member in England.
Nostalgia!