PDA

View Full Version : Could this be considered a mid-life crisis?

pa297pass
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi all:

Next week is my 39th birthday so I bought myself a little present today.

It has the worlds worst paint job (it is all falling off) and hasn't run in 3-4 years ... but I still think it is the coolest car I have ever seen. I can't wait to get it back on the road.

I guess I'll have to change my avatar now. Thanks for looking.

Matt

mrv8q
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Looks cool to me too, Matt! Have fun w/ it, and more pix!

PATR8
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
It is beautiful, if you come out of your mid life crisis and want to sell it let me know

DNK
08-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Looks like a mid-life project. Have fun and let us know if it does run

TR_Jim
08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
I could never figure out the differnce between a mid-life crisis and a second childhood. But I think you can have only one mid-life crisis, but many childhoods. I'm on about my 6th childhood, or at least that's how many Triumphs I've had.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Good luck with the new toy!

R6MGS
08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
It only qualifies as a mid life crisis if you haven't had a LBC before....or if it's been a loooong time....If you've had them your entire life it's more of a way of life.....Looks like a good project....there is a TR4 advertised locally...I've been trying to reach the owner all day, no answer.....But if it's still available when I reach him I'd be glad to give him what he's asking for it...TR4 is the only Triumph I've never owned.

swift6
08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Was the TR6 still in the grace period of ownership then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

JamesWilson
08-29-2006, 03:48 AM
No, its not a mid-life crisis, just mid-life fun....

A mid-life crisis involves an unseemly attachment to any blonde(s!!!) younger than your own children, not cars that are older than them.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jerrybny
08-29-2006, 05:14 AM
Looks like a good project car tokeep you out of trouble. Good Luck.

Banjo
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Awsome project. Is that a Surry top? (2 piece hardtop)!!
I bet, if it ran when they parked it 4 years ago, it'll start up with some tinkering.
Clean or replace the points, make sure the plugs aren't varnished, fresh gas, and possibly a good cleaning to get the carbs freed up (rebuild kit to stop dried up old gaskets from leaking if needed)
Those vanguard 4 cyls are bulletproof.

kodanja
08-29-2006, 06:44 AM
looks like a great project....what year is it?

more pix, more pix! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

michalotti_tr
08-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Like I told my wife when I hit my 40th birthday and she asked me if I was going to have a mid-life crisis "Before you can have a mid-life crisis you have to feel like you're growing old. Before you can feel like you're growing old you have to grow up. I refuse to grow up, so there's no way I can have a mid-life crisis. Problem solved" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

It also means I still get to play with toys - they just get bigger as time passes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Good looking TR4 - is that a Surrey Top I see in the photo?

fmichaels
08-29-2006, 08:18 AM
sweet! happy birthday! i wonder if the birthday thing would work for me and a healy i have in my sights ... worth a shot!

Tomster
08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Congrats!
I see that your starting off by washing it or are you just trying to let it think that it's back in bloody old England ?

Flinkly
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
i guess i should start looking forward to my own mid life crisis...now if only my mid-life would get here sooner.

but seiously, even if it is a mid life crisis, it looks like it's going to be a good one.

JamesWilson
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

Crisis? What crisis?

pa297pass
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Here are some more pics taken this morning. It is not quite so pretty in the daylight (who of us is?), but I am still in love with it.

To answer your questions and to give you more info, it is titled as a 1964, but the comission number makes it a 1962. It does have a "surrey" top (which I think is very cool). It was originally white. The engine was rebuilt and "heated up" sometime in the past. Last night on the way home, this car saw more rain (by far) than my TR6 has in the past 16 years.

Enjoy.

Matt

pa297pass
08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Rear View

pa297pass
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Engine.

Blue radiator?, red engine?