PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

horners
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Hello Everyone.
Having lived in the States now for 12 years (originally from Burnley, England) I thought it was time to spend some fun money and get myself a British Classic.
Just purchased a 1968 MGC GT Auto. I am sure I will have plenty of posts over time as maintaining/restoring a vehicle is new to me.
Look forward to the responses.

tony barnhill
08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Welcome - you're a member of a very small club - I have a '69 MGC GT auto trans car....

R6MGS
08-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome....always wondered if it would feel weird to drive an automatic B....I tried to buy a C GT auto a few years back....but the owner seamed to think it was alot better than it really was.....oh well, can't save `em all

tony barnhill
08-21-2006, 09:55 PM
The MGC GT automatic trans is a real "grand tourer"...plenty of power & just fun!

Steve
08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forum, from another expat....I'm from Wolverhampton.....but then someone has to be!

ecurie_ecosse
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
That's why the football club is called Wanderers,the townsfolk go all over the place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Steve from Burnley welcome.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

JamesWilson
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Welcome... from someone that's traveled the other direction- from Texas to Scotland. Its one way to escape the heat....

I'm sure you'll find the people here helpful.

jsneddon
08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
a Texan in Glasgow.... so what you're saying is that nobody can understand a word you are saying and you can't understand a word _they_ are saying ????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had a customer once who was from Cambodia and learned to drawl english in Texas... now THAT was one funky accent.

Peter_Rogers
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey Steve from an old (very) Bathonian in New Jersey Welcome. Now does Burnley have a football team? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

JamesWilson
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Och, aye... but it gets very funny when I'm translating for the English vistors (and my Welsh in-laws).... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ecurie_ecosse
08-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Dae thay locals ca ye "Jimmie"? Maybe in your case they say
"Suurrr". Love to hear the translations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

horners
08-22-2006, 07:18 PM
If you're a "very old" Bathonian you should remember the Burnley team of the Sixties. Best in Europe my Granddad would say. Not much to write home about these days, though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

horners
08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Wanderers! You're probably thinking of Bolton. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Steve
08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Bolton? Bolton? Naaaah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I remember the Burnley of old......in the early sixties, it was the Wolves who were conquering europe....admittedly, Burnley have had some very good sides over the years, but have faded. They lost 0-1 to Wolves this past weekend......

All together now, "We hate Nottingham Forest........"

Peter_Rogers
08-23-2006, 09:25 AM
We had our local MG car club meeting last night and one of the memebers wore an " Old Speckled Hen " golf shirt on. Brought a tear to my eye. And United are going to whack Chelsea when Owen Hargeaves gets there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

tony barnhill
08-23-2006, 10:20 AM
My daughter keeps OSH in the fridge for whenever I visit!