PDA

View Full Version : The Roadster Factory Autocross pics (lots of LBCs)

PATR8
08-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The North Hills Sports CAr Club has posted the pics from the autocross during the summerparty. Some really cool pics.
https://autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=241

I like the white GT6

PATR8
08-21-2006, 01:24 PM
here is a video of two TR8s drag racing

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v301/VR4coop/Roadster%20Videos/

DougF
08-21-2006, 04:18 PM
They got several pictures of my TR6. We were using it for traffic control and had caution tape tied to the front left wheel. It's mallard with a tan tonneau cover.
I've been helping with the auto cross and drag races for probably ten years.

Tinster
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Awesome photos!!

D

R6MGS
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Great pics...Thanks for sharing.
i've been meaning to try my hand at autox...Never got around to it yet...maybe next year...I happened to stumble upon one event this year and I stopped, but not wanting to make a fool of myself(I was driving the Caddy) I just watched. Guess I'd use one of the B's if I was to enter one

PATR8
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
I will be at an auto cross this week end. I am secure enough to say I am not very good at it but I really enjoy it. While I was gone some one started to run a rubber bumper "B". The vintage class keeps getting larger each year. There is an Alfa, a TR6, a couple of minis....
It is fun and easy, I highly recommend it

swift6
08-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Most autocrosses are very friendly and open to newcomers as they are always trying to get their sport to grow. Use the 'rookie card' heavily and you can get a lot of great tips from veterans. Afterall, they want you to improve and have fun so you will keep coming back. Autocross is one of the few automotive sports where there is great transparency and disemination of knowledge from veterans to beginners.

I just wish there were more in my area and that I could get to the ones we do have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PATR8
08-22-2006, 09:54 AM
We have two clubs in my area, one is very frinedly and one is very competitive. I compete in both but I enjoy the fun one much more because teh other one I often get the "you are intererring wiht our runs"

swift6
08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
That second club sure sounds like a club not interested in growth. When that attitude starts driving off people they will certainly be sorry. Your runs take what about three to five minutes per run including staging and exiting the course. Unless they have to rebuild the course every time you run from knocking over too many cones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Sounds like that second group could be full of prima donnas. Do the organizers say that or a particular group of the competitors?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PATR8
08-22-2006, 02:28 PM
The North Hills group is the fun group, lots of wives and girlfriends come to hang out, the other (not to be named) are a serious group, never even had a formal intro there. They will not share secrets (tire pressures are a big no no, do not ask even) If you run too well (I have never had to worry about that)they will ask for a second tech inspection to make sure you are not hiding something. Just very serious. not necessarily bad, just not allot of interaction between racers there.

swift6
08-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Wow, that's like the complete opposite of the autocrosses that I have been to. Bummer. The North Hills Group sounds like fun though.