PDA

View Full Version : New Member in Texas

TexBug
08-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi folks,

Short time lurker, first time poster living just outside of Terrell, Texas...

My project is a 1960 Bugeye that was my father's. He bought it in the mid-60's and it became mine at the age of 2 when he passed away in 1974. Mom held on to it for me after she quit driving it in the late '70's until I got it running in the late '80's. After driving it on/off for a couple of high school and college years, locked up brakes parked it for good. Getting married in the early '90's meant moving it to a rural self storage where it waited patiently for 15 years as life happened all around me.

This June, we finally moved into a 3-car garage (with house attached) and brought the little critter home. It took a winch, car hauler, good family, lots of 4-letter words, and sweat to get it home in the 100+ degree Texas summer. The effort has proved worth it as just this morning I received final budgetary approval from the wife. Time to bring "the Healey" back to life...

As CEO of a web development firm as well as a web hosting company, I've got top-notch resources (ie great staff) to help with the site that will chronicle the project. www.texbug.com (https://www.texbug.com) will be active soon and will be updated each step of the way. I intend on documenting the process from design and planning, through problem solving, part selection, installation, and ultimately final tuning and detailing. Should make for a fun trip...

I look forward to asking many dumb questions, providing helpful advice when possible, and sharing the camaraderie that draws us to these little British cars.

Catch ya online,

Jeffrey

JamesWilson
08-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the BCF.

Let us know when your site becomes active.

I look forward to seeing your work.

tony barnhill
08-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Welcome, I know the guys over on the Spridget Forum can't wait to follow your restoration.

R6MGS
08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome- nice stable

aeronca65t
08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Welcome!
It's always good to see another Spridget on board....and nice that you are keeping one that's been in your family for so long.