PDA

View Full Version : OK, Who was talking about their flashers ?

PATR8
08-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I remember talking to some oe about their flashers not working and how they had swap parts out. Went and got my car inspected and the flashers were working but not the way they used to. I came home and figured I would find out what was wrong, except now they are not workng at all. Curses....

RSMTR8
08-18-2006, 10:24 PM
That would be me, and I tried everything, and they still do ot work. Don't have much advice for ya except to try replacing the flasher unit, and the switch! I replaced both, and no luck. Only thing I can figure is that I must have a short some where, but not too worried about it, as I have never had time when I really needed them anyway. But if you make any progress, let me know, would love for them to work as well if possible!

Rod

PATR8
08-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I remember talking about it but I have not had trouble with my flashers since the first week I had the car running. I will start trouble shooting tomorrow

RSMTR8
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Good Luck, and let me know what you find.

Rod

DougF
08-19-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm not familiar with the TR8 hazard switch. If it is a toggle switch and anything similar to the early TR6 unit, you can carefully disassemble it, clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, carefully reassemble and test it.
The contacts are very susceptable to corrosion.