PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic near Rochester NY - recommendations?

tdskip
08-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I did a dumb thing - I bought a car based on seller's description without an inspection first. OK, that was more than dumb. Let's just call it idiotic and move on.

The idea was good - which was to buy something different (Sunbeam Alpine) and drive her cross country with my best friend from high school.

So anyway I now am the less the proud owner of a Sunbeam in decent mechanical shape but a ratty body.

Anyone have any recommendations on a good mechanic in/around/near Rochester NY?

(also posted on another Forum)

aeronca65t
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that you got flumoxed.

You might try looking on this list:

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/garages/New_York.html

tdskip
08-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks

Dave Richards
12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I use a great mechanic in Syracuse, about 1 hr East via Interstate 90. I can recommend him with out reservation for anything British, or 60's - 70's race, I've used him since late 70's. I'll get his number, he's bound to know someone there...hi name is Tom, 315-475-0271, he's semi-retired but works most days and always checks his message machine.

Coincidently, he's next door to Mid-Town Auto, they can get most any part to make a British car go, new used, and OEM. (I have no affiliation with either.)

BTW, did you buy from a dealer in Rochester? I did. If you did, I'd be interested to know who it was, you can PM me.

Let me know if you need any help at this end.

tdskip
12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks Dave!

Dave Richards
12-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Let us know how you make out. I'm just a few minutes from his place, so if I can be of any help, PM me.