PDA

View Full Version : Fasten Belt Light

delisaj
07-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Since my last request for help was answered so helpfully and quickly, figured I'd try another one...

I have a Fasten Belts Light on the dash which has been disconnected. I found an odd bulb holder behind the radio, which I suspect is for the Fast Belt light, but tried just about every bulb that I had, (the complete bulb set from the Roadster Factory), and no luck fitting one..

Any ideas on how this is supposed to work, and can it be fixed??

Thanks again for any help...

John
Would love to get that to light up for a few seconds or something like that

RomanH
07-30-2006, 12:56 AM
All of those small indicator bulbs should be (TRF NO.) LULLB281. They are a bayonet base but the little tabs are not symmetric IIRC there is a small offset to them. If they don't fit into the slots on the socket one way then turn the bulb and try again.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

07-30-2006, 03:03 AM
I would almost be willing to bet that there is not a TR6 left on this planet that has the original Fasten Seat Belt wiring still intact, even if you rewired. What'cha think?

I used the Fasten Seat Belt hole in my dash ('73) to house a lighted rocker switch (made in UK, perfect fit!) for my fogs. (Relayed, of course, and wired independent of the stock harness. {pulls lots of amps} [ 63 amp alternator])

Bill

delisaj
07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
I agree that the original wiring is not in tact. It would be neat if the light could come for 10 or 20 seconds everytime you started the car, and then turned off.. although I am not sure how to wire or rig that...

DougF
07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
Unfortunately, if the light was working, you would have a very annoying buzzer sounding for the same amount of time that the light stays lit.
To get it to work, you need seat sensors and the buzzer intact to complete the circuit. If you did have it, most likely, it would be unplugged.

delisaj
07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I figured that. I was looking for a workaround where I could put a ten or 20 second timer on the light circuit so that the light would come on when turning on the car, and then just shut off, withou the seat sensors or anything like that..