PDA

View Full Version : Stag The Stag Comes home

bcliff
07-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't see a lot of Stag posts here, so here is one for the Stag fans. Several year ago I traded a '68 MGB roadster for a '73 Stag. I had planned on driving the stag (Ford V6/C4 auto), but as soon as my son saw it, he claimed it. He helped me buy another MGB, so we were both pretty happy. He drove it for a couple of years in high school. He collected a dent in the left side, and then about a year ago, got rear ended by an idiot in an Acura Integra (My son got the ticket, but that is another story). We decided it was time for some major updating on the car. Rebuilding the Stag V8 that came with the car was a little too costly, so we rebuilt a Ford 289. It was coupled to a Mustang SROD 4 speed. This was installed, and off to the body shop it went. Dents were pulled. A new lower rear panel was installed. It is back to the original Mimosa color, and I got to go pick it up today. Now the process of putting all the trim back on as well as the interior is upon us, but we are looking forward to getting it back on the road. And the 289 sounds fantastic. It runs good too. I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. Paint on the Morris Traveller is next!
Bruce

4aKen
07-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I can remember how proud I was of Triumph that they could go head to head with the SL. I guess the engine was the weak point..you fixed that. Stags are great.

Brosky
07-30-2006, 04:18 PM
There were a couple of real nice Stags at Brookline today. One was even accompanied by a beautiful golden retreiver named Cinnamon.

Here is my link to the event: https://www.74tr6.com/netphoto.htm