PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 exhaust

ScottTR6
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I made the mistake a year ago of replacing the exhaust system on my 74 TR6 with a Monza system. Loved the looks & the sound initially, but after a year the noise level is starting to get to me. Does anyone know of a way to reduce the decibels without replacing the entire system? I'd like to keep the pair of twin tips at the rear. Love the look. Can something be installed ahead of each muffler, or can/should they be replaced?

Thanks, Andrew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

crj7driver
07-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Just go to an exhaust shop and have them cut out the glasspacks and replace them with something quieter. It will need to be a pretty short and low profile design though.

alwaysride
07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
You can buy 'slip-in' baffles, too. I've used them on motorcycles and they can quiet things down a bit.

Does any other manufacturer make a system like Monza's (dual pipes down to twin tips) that is a bit quieter?

07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I think the Anza system is back on the market. It looks similar to the Monza, is quieter and is better made.
Monzas will give you Tylenol moment after about one hour.

Bill

wooolffy
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I too just had new resonators put on my Monza exhaust, the old ones were blown out. It helped with the loud drone at highway speeds.It also quieted down that loud blurt when you hit the throttle.Not sure what brand they are though.