PDA

View Full Version : Triumph America

Basil
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
My neighbor has a fairly new Triumph America which he thinks he "may" sell in lieu of a Honda Goldwing (because his wife has a bad back and the Gold Wing is better for her to ride when they double up). Anyway, it might be possible that I could buy his Triumph if he decides to sell it.

It is a very nice bike. It's all black with very throaty after-market pipes and its re-jetted for about an additional 20 hp.

I have always tried to resist the idea of getting another motorcycle, just due to the accident stats, but this is very tempting.

Basil

SilentUnicorn
07-22-2006, 10:37 AM
One of these?
https://zdjecia.jednoslad.pl/zdjeciaregis/motocykle/TriumphAmerica/america26.jpg

If it were me, i would do it. Sure is a pretty bike and ya cant go wrong with a Trumpet.

mark

tony barnhill
07-22-2006, 12:07 PM
What kinda price is he asking? I'm looking at Triumphs right now.

Paul Johnson
07-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Basil, the Triumph is first rate. Mine is a standard Bonneville, now with 27,000 trouble free miles. Just back from 2600 mile six day ride.
As to the accident stats, look at it this way. If you were to buy and later fell off, or didn't fall off, the stats wouldn't change. May as well get it then, since the statistics are static. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Basil
07-22-2006, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of these?
https://zdjecia.jednoslad.pl/zdjeciaregis/motocykle/TriumphAmerica/america26.jpg

mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the one, except his is all black and he's put on after-market pipes. He's also changed out the rear seat (if you call that a seat) for a small chrome rack (to strap a small package to I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif )

Basil

Basil
07-22-2006, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kinda price is he asking? I'm looking at Triumphs right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't talked price and he's not fully committed to selling it yet. But he said if he did, he would make me a really good deal, whatever that means.

Basil

drooartz
07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Great bikes, Triumphs. Almost bought one when I got my Suzuki lately. If you want to ride, then there is no substitute. It's not for everyone, but you'll know if it is for you.

On the safety front, I feel much safer on my bike than in the Bugeye. Better acceleration, much better brakes, and no steering column stake to drive through my chest in an impact. I'd vote for a "go-for-it" if the deal comes up.

Steve
07-23-2006, 04:46 PM
If the deal turns out to be really good, why not? I would be tempted to get back into riding myself, under similar circumstances.

tony barnhill
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
If its a really good deal & you decide to pass on it, call me!