PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 Exhaust System Mounts

Aeroken
07-16-2006, 12:41 PM
I am installing a new Falcon SS exhaust system on my 1973 TR6 with overdrive. It is the stock type (dual pipe) system and I bought the installation kit from Moss. When I removed the old system, the mount for the forward intermediate pipe (near where the forward and aft intermediate pipes come together) was not there having been replaced by a few wraps of baling wire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

Anyway, it is not obvious where this bracket (#64 in the Moss diagram) is supposed to attach to the car. The TRF catalog says it attaches to a stud on the overdrive casing, but I'm not sure where or which one I should use.

Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS!

Ken

RomanH
07-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't have the overdrive but that strap (#64) is bolted to the transmission mount on my car.

jerrybny
07-17-2006, 09:15 AM
I just replaced the exhaust on my non overdrive TR6 and mounted the strap just as Roman said. Be sure to mount the strap and tighten it down before installing the exhaust pipes. The bolt is a real pain to get to once the pipes are in place. ASk me how I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif