PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A The TR4 is no more.

Banjo
07-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Thisafternoon saw the final demise of my 66 TR4A solid axle parts car. I removed my hat for a moment of silence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif
I yanked the engine and tranny (to be used in my TR2 project), pulled the front half of the body off the frame (did the back half a few months ago) and cut the remnants of the extremely rotten frame into managable sized bits (yes Jaybird, with the Sawzall mehhhehehehe).
Now it's on to sorting and posting the bits to be sold off for project money from the usable bits for the TR2.
I really hated to deal this, one of the rarer TRs, it's final blow. but it really was realistically beyond trying to save.
So all you guys out there with solid axle TR4As, there's perminantly one less. Now your car is even rarer.

tdskip
07-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear it Banjo. At least she went to a good cause.

I promise to try and be real nice to mine now...

(let us know if you have a parts list that you put together)

MDCanaday
07-25-2006, 11:36 PM
You know that you will need to change the front engine plate, (you cant just put it in as is) but at least it will run again....in the 2.
MD(mad dog)

sammyb
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
MURDERER!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Just kidding. I look at it as more of "pulling the plug" for a more graceful end. It also saves someone from making a big mistake in trying to revive it.

JamesWilson
07-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I hope the transplant surgery goes well.

Think of it as helping others to live healthy, happy lives... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Give the remains a decent burial.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Banjo
07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know that you will need to change the front engine plate, (you cant just put it in as is) but at least it will run again....in the 2.
MD(mad dog)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup I know. I found that one out the hard way a few years back. I have a TR3 engine also. I may even wind up using that block. Either way I'll be sure to use the right front plate. But thanks for the heads up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
as for the rest of the car. I gutted everything out of it. Anything I don't use in my project I'll try to make sure it gets where it can be used .I even have a plan for the back half of the body. I'll tell ya later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jerrybny
07-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Hate to see another Triumph disappear forever but I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

RomanH
07-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I even have a plan for the back half of the body. I'll tell ya later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess Ben...... a trailer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Banjo
07-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Aw c'mon. How un-imaginative do you think I am? I'm on the fence between a really cool loveseat, or a rolling BBQ grill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif and leaning twards the grill
the trailer thing has been done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif
hehehehehehehe

RomanH
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry Ben I just had to say it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif
I too thought of a nice little love seat but had not thought of a BBQ grill! I like that idea, sure does beat the makeshift oil drum grills! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif