PDA

View Full Version : new introduction

simonedebeauvoir
07-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Hello everyone. I'm introducing myself (obviously) after finally finding a good website for MG information! Yay! I sit happily in the Nevada desert in the western United States and recently obtained a 1968 MG Midget. Couldn't beat the price (my father handed me the keys and said "she should really be fixed up, she's worth it.") So now I have a homely but mostly intact little girl in my driveway in desperate need of repairations. I have a restoration manual and the repair manual on the way, heehee. I haven't a clue where to begin, but she's going to need a clutch, her brakes checked, new interior and new top. On the plus side, her engine's strong (allegedly), her body is amazingly straight, her glass is intact and even her signals are good.

This will be my first 4 wheel restoration, I usually work on motorcycles--a novice still, but learning. So if you don't mind, I'm certain I will be picking brains and asking for your wisdom when I'm stuck. Thanks in advance!

Michelle

tony barnhill
07-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Welcome - glad to have you. Let us know how we can help!

Bugeye58
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Welcome. Michelle. I'm certain we'll have an answer for any of your questions. The Midget is a barrel of fun, and an excellent car for a first LBC. I've been hooked on them for years.
Jeff

GB1
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome, there are alot of great people here.

R6MGS
07-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Welcome, look foward to hering more about your midget, don't be afraid to ask questions!

53caddy
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Welcome

aeronca65t
07-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Welcome...plenty of Spridget (Sprite & Midget) folks here!