PDA

View Full Version : GT6 1970 GT6+ carbs

pei
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I am still having trouble getting my carbs adjusted.
I have synced the airflow and adjusted the idle. The front carb is running rich, the back one lean. Where is the adjuster on these carbs for the mixture?
Thanks for any help.
Joe

wooolffy
07-12-2006, 07:38 PM
You will need a carb adjusting tool, see any TR6 parts sight Victoria British, it consists of an outer keyed hub to hold diaphragm in place and an inner allen key to adjust mixture. if you do not have it don't adjust it as you will tear rubber diaphragm up. My six was 8 turns rich, I was sick of adjusting and getting no results. Took it to a LBC mechanic and he laughed at how rich the exhaust smelled. My MPG were terrible and Monza tips were alway black!Oh, the location of mixture adjusting screws are under dashpot caps, at top of carbs. Hope this helps, this forum has helped me in my time of needs!

pei
07-13-2006, 08:45 AM
I tried the allen key, but I'm pretty sure my carbs fall between the adjustable bottom mixture nut and the adjustable needle through the dash pot. There is no female slot for the allen key.
It only has three adjustment screws and a fixed needle. The temperature compenster is supposed to let some air in as things heat up and the idle trim screw allows fine adjustment measured by a C02 meter on the tail pipe.
Any other suggestions?
Joe