PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!

TRcheologist
07-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Happy 4th everyone! Stumbled on to the forum and found it to be a remarkable knowledge base. Happy to offer what I can.

I have a 1960 Triumph TR3A. Purchased in 1973 from my high school Chemistry lab partner, I managed to stay one step ahead of most breakdowns until 1996 when we did a 19-month frame-off restoration for my old friend. Restorded to period competition trim, she sports BRG overall, with white FIA rondels and a yellow identification band around the intake. Tan leather, black carpets and weather kit complete the interior. I have a complete tool roll and tire changing equipment. The 2.2 litre engine is served by a pair of stock H6 SU's with moderately rich needles. Modifications include an oil cooler, stainless extractor, and front anti-sway bar. Original options include the rear seat, Smiths heater, and a Lucas Screenjet windshield washer. I've autocrossed and rallied her, as well as showing her in events around the country. She's taken Triuphest Gold, a Silver award at the VTR Concours, and 1st in class in various regional shows - some people have children, we have sportscars...

No mechanic, I can offer some knowledge about sidescreen TR originality and competition history. I've built a small collection of ephemera ranging from Monte entrance documentation to an original program from the 1955 LeMans - the factory teams first participation in this venue and scene of the tragic collision that took many lives. I'm still on the hunt for documentation from the works involvement in the 1954 Mille Miglia... someday...

Best regards from hot Virginia on this 4th of July holiday.

Bugeye58
07-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome aboard! I think you'll enjoy it here, as we have a racing forum where various bits of historia get brought up now and then.
I love your choice of autos, as my first LBC was a '59 TR3, when I lived in Phoenix, circa 1966.
Jeff

Dale
07-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Triumph Guy. I was in Richmond,VA 2 years ago today. Watched a really good fireworks display from a rooftop there. Started back the next day towing a TR7 I had just purchased.
Again Welcome and look forward to hearing about your 3. Dale

tony barnhill
07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Welcome - hope your 4th was as great as mine.

R6MGS
07-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Welcome, sounds like a very nice car!....We love seeing pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TRcheologist
07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Small world. I'm in Richmond and had an opportunity to do some rooftop fireworks watching myself. A sportcar workshop that's a home-away-from-home for a lot of the local fraternity. Great view of the fireworks at the Diamond. Thanks for your note.