PDA

View Full Version : new mini owner!

tinkbelle
06-29-2006, 10:54 AM
hello folks
im 16 years old and a bit stuck. i recently bought a 1985 mini mayfair! i love her already but the old girl needs a bit of help.my dad and i are in the process of fixing her up but i want to get the purchasing of the interior and the colour sorted. if anyone could tell me the factory code of british racing green so i can get that sorted haha. anyway any help on getting started on the revamp would be greatly appreciated!
cheers
niamh

dklawson
06-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Newton Commercial is a good source for most the interior bits if you want new parts. With an '85 you should be able to get parts from junk (breakers) yards.

Did the Mini ever come in BRG? Most the color related web sites I'm familiar with were for older cars than yours. Visit:
https://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/index.html
and look at the pictures and color codes there.

Another green you may want to consider is connaught green. This is a very dark green that was used on various Jags, Morgans, and I believe it was used on some Triumphs.

The most common Mini green is Almond Green as seen in my avatar. Later Minis were sometimes painted Almond Green but I believe Rover changed the formula and those cars are a little lighter green than mine.

GB1
06-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Welcome and great, sounds familiar I was 16 when I got my first MG and my dad also helped me with her.

tinkbelle
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
thanks! see a lot of ny guy friends are enraged cause i got a pretty car already and they all jealous cause they dont get to fix it up! haha i might try to get almond green or the other one thanx! you are both v helpfuol but if anyone else can help me as well that'd be great!
cheers niamh!