PDA

View Full Version : Heat & Sound Insulation question

jerrybny
06-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Is anyone using the multi-purpose Heat and Sound Insulation on the underside of their hood? I know its supposed to quite down the noise coming from the engine compartment and reflect the heat away from the hood but I was wondering if it reduces the engine compartment temp or does it actually raise it since the heat can't transfer to the outside because of the insulation. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Brosky
06-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I was considering installing it after having my hood painted, but the owner of the shop suggested that I avoid doing so. I just put on headers and, while they seem to work as they are advertised with the JetHot (which is to take heat away faster), I agreed with him and kept it off. If I didn't like it, I would have probably screwed up the paint taking it off.

Flinkly
06-26-2006, 09:25 AM
i'm sure you guys are talking about tr's, but i hear the gt6 doesn't have much hood clearance. if you order a new valve cover, most places recommend getting a thinner valve cover gasket. i'm not sure if any tr's have that problem though.

on second glance, i'm not really answering anyones question. as far as heat, it will keep more engine heat in and outside heat out, it depends on which is hotter. as far as being more quiet, it might make your car silent to others, but not really for you. there are plenty of other spots to add insulation to quiet a lbc more.