PDA

View Full Version : Fairly new TR6 owner

dkritter
06-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi:

Recent 1972 TR6 owner from Wisconsin. This is my second TR6, the first was a 1973 that I owned from 1975 to 1977 unitil I had to sell it to go to school.

I loved that car and love this new one as much. It's like having your own personal time machine.

This forum is great, I have been lurking a bit and appreciate the experiences compiled here as well as the friendly personalities.

Dave

tomshobby
06-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Dave,

Welcome

Love to see more TR owners in Wisconsin. Hope to meet you in person one day!

GuyShark
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Welcome. I'm a new TR6 owner as well, but I never owned one previously.

Waukesha? Work for Cooper Power? I worked for them (Kearney, in Fayetteville, AR) for 4 years.

tomshobby
06-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi Guy, I have been through Fayetteville many times. I love the country around there (except Branson area). Have you ever taken the historic dinner train out of the train museum in Eureka Springs to Fayetteville and back?

Steve
06-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Welcome Dave, we shall have to arrange a get-together for Wisconsinite members.

aeronca65t
06-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Glad to have you aboard, Dave!

GuyShark
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever taken the historic dinner train out of the train museum in Eureka Springs to Fayetteville and back?

[/ QUOTE ]

The train in Eureka only goes about 2 miles down the way, then backtracks. It does not go all the way to Fayetteville.

There is a weekend 'tour' train that goes from Rogers to Fayetteville. (I work right by the tracks) No food is served, however.

tomshobby
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The train in Eureka only goes about 2 miles down the way, then backtracks. It does not go all the way to Fayetteville.

There is a weekend 'tour' train that goes from Rogers to Fayetteville. (I work right by the tracks) No food is served, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there a couple of years ago on a Sunday and they were closed. Have wondered about it ever since. Sounds like we should bring our own lunch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif