PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

LearJeff
06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I've had it up to here, that's all there is to it. At first, I chalked it up to bad luck or coincidence, but after numerous "dealings" with these people, I had to vent my frustration somewhere and that somewhere is here.

There is a certain "factory" located in the Eastern U.S. that specializes in supplying sundry parts and pieces for our wonderful Little British Cars that many of us refer to as "roadsters". Maybe you've heard of them or even ordered things from them. I know I certainly have, to the tune of hundreds and hundreds of dollars, as I have been restoring my 1974 TR6 body off frame.

Their catalog is wonderfully written and illustrated, easily the best in the parts supply industry. Reading the entertaining parts descriptions interspersed with fun and informative anecdotes is an enjoyable way to spend some time.

However, the fun seems to end as soon as you call their toll free number to place an order. Am I the only one who finds EVERY single person I've EVER dealt with there to be rude and utterly obnoxious? I'm not sure why their people seem to exhibit such bad "attitudes" but a few of my buddies have related similar experiences.

I've been dealing with their attitudes for months now and I'm simply sick of it especially after today. Because today, I made the UNTHINKABLE error of calling their main number and asking if anyone was available to answer a technical question concerning cam shaft timing. The error? Calling before 12:30 PM Eastern Time. Because, as I was quite firmly informed by the terse receptionist, the TECH SUPPORT line does not open until 12:30PM. Having been put in my place, I timidly asked if I could be transferred to sales to place an order instead. "Which Sales, Sir? Level One or Level Two, there is a difference!" Oops, I didn't have their catalog in front of me, so I couldn't remember which one was which, only that one level was for people who knew the part number and the other level was for those needing "assistance". Before I could get the explanation past my lips, I was transferred to Level Two.

"Level Two sales, John." (Names have been changed to protect the guilty.)
"Uh, Hi John. I was transferred to you from the receptionist. I had originally called for some technical help, but I guess I can place an order instead. What I need is a..."
"Tech Support does NOT open until 12:30!"
"OK, no problem, I'll call back at 12:30. Anyway, what I'd like to order is a..."
"I should know because I am the person who answers the Tech Support line, but since you've managed to somehow bypass the system, I guess I'll have to try and answer your question."

Huh? Bypass the system? What?

In addition to the hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent at this particular "factory", I've also spent at least three times that amount at Moss Motors. And as of today, unless I absolutely cannot find it ANYWHERE else, I will not spend another dime with the "kind" folks at the "factory".

Thank you Moss for being the polar opposite EVERY time I have ever called to place an order. Thank you Moss (in particular Oscar and Jason) for actually recognizing my name and even asking me how my restoration project is coming along when I call to place an order. Thank you Moss for shipping my parts in two or three days TOPS, as opposed to telling me it's in stock but then not shipping it to me for a week or more. And finally, thank you Moss for being pleasant and courteous to your customers, obviously recognizing the value of repeat business and word of mouth advertising.

Looking back at the above paragraph, I'm wondering how many posting rules I've violated but so be it. Even if this post is deleted "post haste", at least I got it off my chest.

Am I the only one?

PeterK
06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
When I order fron ***, I always do it online. Parts in stock arrive in two days. If they don't have the parts, they may or may not eventually arrive. But when I call to cancel, it's always a pleasant experience and no problem. Even the time I missed the $5 weekend shipping deal by a couple of days, they give it to me anyway.

Sometimee the products they "manufacture" are Taiwanese junk that I return but you get this from all 3 vendors.

Sorry you have had troubles with them; I'd give them another shot, they're good people, really.

Everyone has a bad day - you just had one at the same time they did.

Basil
06-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Let's keep this a generic discussion (I suspect most know who he's talking about anyway).

Rob_T
06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif
I too find myself going elsewhere first. I try BP Northwest first, very helpful, knowlegeable and friendly. Plus free candy with every order!
Moss is my other choice, much better selection though.
My complaint with TRF is back orders, which seems like every time I order! I'm ok with that as long as I know when to expect it to be filled, TRF never knows when that will be. My impression is lack of capital, so ordering is spotty at best. I had an order on BO for almost 2 years. I actually forgot about it, until I recieved a postcard from them wanting to know if I still wanted the items, although no longer at the same price that I ordered them!

Cheers,

Rob

jessebogan
06-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Interesting post. I have dealt with these folks since they opened. 99.9 of my dealings with them have been pleasant. I have however encountered the tech fellow that you mention. I was trying to figure out which slave cylinder a customers TR4A a) had, and b) which one that it was supposed to have. I initially found this soul to be short in temper, and a bit gruff, and very very sure he was right. I have been fixing these cars for 30 years or so, and the one thing I AM sure of is that there are always exceptions to whatever it is you are doing. I had the parts book, and the parts in hand. After I finally got the fellow to actually listen to me, his demeanor changed, and after a bit he discovered that I was correct in this instance, and he solved my problem post haste. I nearly blew a gasket before we got there though. I would think that if this has been a recurring problem, perhaps you should drop a line to Charles Runion, and explain how you feel you were treated. They are a small company, and I am sure that they would rather not lose your business. This is a correctible problem, but if they don't know about it,how can they ever improve? That being said, I used to work with a chap at Start Your Engines many years ago, who moved "back home" to western Pa. and worked for "that" company. He was the gruffest SOB that I ever worked with, you know, just plain abrasive. The reality was, he is a helluva nice guy, and 25 years later I am always glad to run into him a Carlisle. Maybe folks from that region are just that way. Another thing I have learned after all these years is don't burn your bridges.

ALLAN
06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
LearJeff, TRF has been a leader in getting obsolete parts remanufactured and has been in business along time and most of their parts are quality, But I have gone through the same as you for along time, I use to buy all my parts there and have spent thousands of dollars there but still get treated the same. They still have a back order problem that was there (when I started with them)19years ago, I call them the-Back Order Factory-. So now I only buy from them when they have the best price (which is not very often) or the part is only available from them. I now do most of my buisiness with British Parts North West, the treatment is alot better and their website is easy to navigate.

Brosky
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM
No, you are not the only one. I have had similar experiences in level one, but have had good service from Dave, Tim and Dan in level two. Dave is very technically oriented and will help in any way that he can, at least from my prior dealings with him.

I receive the weekly emails from Charles, who by the way does not EVER interact with a customer or return emails sent to him through the website email link, which is the one and only method of contacting him, since no operator will ever put a call into him. And yes, I've read how happy he is to pay his employees the monthly bonuses for making it over the top in sales (which we all make happen, not them!) and all of the details about HIS restoration of the black TR3. Somehow, I have a feeling that he could care less about any of his customers (unless you attend the summer party and buy more parts), some of whom have spent thousands with him to restore our cars. Yes, we get the flowery emails and the fluff about the employee bonuses, but I really don't think that the employees are all that happy and it shows in the phone attitudes.

How can you expect a business owner to understand how some of his employees treat his customers when he won't call or return an email from a customer who has spent thousands and has a real problem. Maybe he thinks that his weekly email will make it better, but Charley, here's a tip for you....it won't make it better and you'll lose big time if you don't soon start to pay attention to what is going on in your little slice of heaven.

Just for the record, I grew up less than 15 miles from his facility and the people back there are very nice people. Johnstown was and is known as "The Friendly City". I worked in Indiana for 5 years and the folks there are great as well. I have relatives living within 3 miles of his store and they're quite normal, so maybe the problem is inside those walls.

Basil, I apologize if you find this out of line, but I'm not a flamer and I've only stated what is obviously true. If you feel my post is not acceptable, please feel free to remove it. You are the man and I will comply with your rules and judgment.

tr6ster
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
No one has mentioned a certain Kansas company (VB), they seem to be helpful, friendly, quick. Is TRF better somehow?

LearJeff
06-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Rob, I too have had to cancel several long term back orders...

Peter, after cooling off a bit this evening and re-reading my post, I'm sure it comes across as very petty if viewed as "one bad day". I only wish my experience was limited to today. I somewhat agree with you regarding internet orders in so much as you insulate yourself from having to deal with them over the phone! However, there is no internet access at my mechanic's shop and we are "up against it" so to speak trying to bring this project to its conclusion, thus the requirement to place orders via phone the past several weeks. Plus, I would refer you to Rob's comments regarding back orders. Otherwise, you are correct, ordering from them via their website is imminently more pleasant, times ten!

Finally, Basil, I apologize for using this wonderful forum to "bash" anyone or a company. I'll refrain from doing it again in the future. I did make an attempt to keep my description as generic as possible, however!

trboost
06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm sure your not alone in your dealings with "that shop". I have had my moments as well, especially with the tech guy "John" . He can be helpfull if he wants or frustraiting & rude as well. I have hung up the phone many a time wondering why I bothered.
On the positive side, most of the time I have found the staff to be easy to deal with, knowledgable and pleasant. I also appreciate the fact that they don't hit you as hard with the shipping as Moss. Many times I have found the quality of goods better than most other parts houses.
Moss definitely gets an A+ for R&D into the future of the Triumph mark, making advances in fuel injection, supercharging and many improvements to make the car more reliable. They also get high marks in customer service. They have covered defective parts, incorrect shipments & assorted problems with a smile.
Overall I would not cross anyone off my list. They both have something to offer.

R6MGS
06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, since I am usually on the MG side of things I like to order from MOSS....I've been ordering from them since the 70's and until recently have been quite satisfied. I've had a few disappointing experiences with them recently, especially when filed a complaint and still haven't heard back(almost 9 months now). VB is also pretty good, and offer a few parts MOSS doesn't....The problem with them for me is that they don't carry T series stuff.
As far as the *shop in question* goes I haven't had any bad experiences with them, but I haven't delt with them since the 80's.

Harry_Ward
06-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I never ordered from the company you are venting about but I know all of us have probably had bad dealings with one company or another over the lifetime of our restorations. Especially if you do the work yourself and don't have the pull to get your order pulled correctly, in a timely manner, or get the discounts that some of the restoration shops have. For example some of my better moments include... purchase of used trunk lid and six months later a crushed trunk lid arrives. Ordered four 48 spoke wire wheels get three 48 spoke and one 60 spoke, order new ten inch rear brake shoes give shop old original shoes (which had the original green stripes in lining still) for core and wait almost a year to get rebuilds which looked like they belonged on a toyota. I also never got those original shoes back. I ordered a new gas tank and the outlet is suppose to be on right side of the tank. I get tank with outlet in center. Ordered intake and exhaust gasket for high port head snd I get I don't know what and it took a month to straigten out. I kept a journal of all these fun moments during my initial restoration life and how much it cost but I have them sealed away in an envelope so my kids can open it and get a good laugh at how stupid the old man really was when it came to this car. Anyway if you got a laugh out of this and you felt a little better about your parts problems then it was worth it for me to type it.

Harry

Kurtis
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I been fortunate I guess. I've never had any problems with any of the mail order parts places. I usually order through Moss (simply because their on line order system is so easy and complete), but have ordered from most all of them. I tend to think of things I need late at night a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ab Crevoiserat
06-13-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm with Kurtis, I tend to order from Moss because of the On line system too and their shipping is excellent. If I order parts before 3:00 and they come from the NJ site, I will have them the next day. If they come from Cali. it usually takes three. TRF just seems to be hit and miss lately, I've had a part on BO for two months and no word as to when I will get it. I agree that it seems to be a capital shortage problem with them, to bad I hope they work it out.

swift6
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
this sort of struck a nerve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

AngliaGT
06-13-2006, 11:25 PM
The "other side of the coin" is,I don't want to see any of these places go out of business.I only hope that they're watching (& listening with open ears),to places like this
so that they can improve,& still be around.
It's kind of like bypassing the local small business to
shop at MallWart.After a while people say "Whatever happened to that small store that we USED to shop at all the time?"
- My 2 cents.

- Doug

jsneddon
06-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Obviously there is not a moderator online at this time of night on the west coast...

I'd suggest we all just let it be. The line of libel and slander has been crossed. I'd be very surprised if this thread makes it past noon tomorrow.

Re-read the rules of this forum.

RomanH
06-13-2006, 11:34 PM
I won't get anything from the place with the initials "VB". Last year I ordered some parts and was sent the wrong items in baggies that were labeled with the part numbers of what I had ordered. Customer service was non existent! Spoke to 3 different reps over the course of 2 weeks and they treated me like a thief! They basically said that I made up this situation and that I had gotten the correct parts. I persisted and finally was able to speak to the manager of customer service and she admitted to me that this was the fault of a vender/fulfillment house. After 6 weeks of trying to get a refund it finally happened and I have never even considered getting anything from them again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

LearJeff
06-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I heard from someone else about my frustration with this particular company and he encouraged me to view the situation from a different perspective: Customer Support. Only not in the traditional sense. In his view, we as customers should try to support our limited number of vendors as equally as possible in order to stave off the day where maybe only one "Giant" remains, thus garnering the ability to dictate prices and generally monopolize the Triumph parts supply business.

I admit, I hadn't thought of it that way. That line of thinking goes along with what a previous respondent to this thread said, "Don't burn your bridges." Perhaps you both are right, but I would still add that Customer Support should still work the "traditional" way as well.

achtungeveryone
06-14-2006, 03:17 AM
I'm glad that this post has been allowed to ride as even those who have had quasi-positive things to say in R's defense have helped to sober the atmospere. My dealings with them have been on-line with NO human interaction. Maybe the humans at the factory need to be cut a little slack, maybe their leadership has lead them to a less than optimum environment. I'm glad they are still available to us and I hope they learn that WE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT (even if that's hardly the case) or Moss and Vicky and Ebay will take up the slack...

Ach

TR4nut
06-14-2006, 06:34 AM
I was bitten a little by a rude response on the tech line from the unnamed company in Armagh when I last called about a steering rack for my TR4. I wasn't happy about it, but I realized there weren't many other places in the U.S. where I could even have an intelligent conversation about the parts - and even though I didn't like the experience I got the information I needed.

I'm actually still a happy customer of that little eastern Factory, but I also use Moss a lot and BPNW has always done well for me with high quality parts. If I need something in the future I will go back to any of the vendors if they have the part I need, no matter what - be it rude service, late, whatever, just get me the part so I can be on the road and those vendors can stay in business to keep me going.

Randy

tomshobby
06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
I have had some of the product delivery issues that have been reported here, but I have not had any of the "attitude" problems. Maybe I have not talked to the right people.

My issue has been with the poor quality of some of the small detail parts that are highly visible when looking at the vehicle. This is simply poor quality control in manufacturing and material selection. I assume they are made in China and it shows.

In particular I ordered a wiper switch knob and the lettering was only half there. I also ordered a walnut shift knob and it is some strange reddish color, not like any walnut I have ever seen. Yes, these are little things but they are very important to the end look of the car. It is called "attention to detail" and I expect that from any company providing parts for restoration of collector cars. I did complain when I made my last Internet order to Moss, but was ignored.

DougF
06-14-2006, 08:27 AM
I have dealt with TRF for a number of years. I try to use them as much as possible, but not exclusively. I know several of the employees and find most to be very good and entertaining.
It is up to the employee on the phone to always be as professional as possible, period. I have worked customer service in the past and have to admit that I would never do it again. Dealing with the public has got to be one of the worst jobs available, especially over the phone. The telephone can make some people brave or stupid (or both) in their talk and short on their fuse.
Many of the TRF employees have been in the business for a long time. I can't speak for them, but personally, I would have built a wall long ago to allow myself to deal with the undesirable phone calls that would come in during the day.
As a customer, I try not to light the fuse with the employee and try to keep in mind that the last customer who called in may have done just that. I always try to be prepared for the matter at hand and be articulate when trying to convey the information.
Just as on this forum, some people will ask questions that are very vague and it takes a little tooth pulling to find out what they are talking about. To deal with that on a daily basis would be very irritating to me.
I know your tech guy pretty well. I can hear him responding in the fashion you described. But I also hear his sense of humor in there. He really is a great guy when you get to know him.

Winston
06-14-2006, 10:58 AM
I am reluctant to chime in , we're walking a thin line. I tried to contact the owner directly and by E-mail with no response.
Perhaps he is unaware of any difficulties, particualy with backorders.
They are the only Company I have dealt with the last few years and just this season I've been forced to buy elsewhere.

TR_Jim
06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
That's the thing. Even if you wanted to support them, you can't if your items aren't in stock. I hadn't bought from them in a while, so when I needed a clutch I thought I'd give them a try. No TR-4A clutch kits in stock! What bother's me is that it's not just the unusual or high priced items they are out of, it's the "normal" parts you think they would have ready for spring.

ALLAN
06-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Obviously they are the ones walking a thin line--with their customers. The owner is well aware of the back order problems and hasnt done much about it for 20 years, other than the fancy newsletters telling how great everything is.

77_MG_Midget
06-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I've dealt with BP Northwest, Advanced Performance Technology, VB, Moss, and Little British Car Co. I really like the tech support you receive from APT and/or Moss. Moss Tech Support has, IMHO, gone out of their way to help me identify parts and to make sure I've gotten exactly what I needed. It's ashame the VB doesn't offer this service, it's really invaluable.

LBCarCo is a great bunch, I've bought a lot of parts through them, and I can't say enough good things about BP Northwest.

Now, I too have encountered a few minor problems (back order, wrong parts shipped, etc.), but everyone I've dealt with above has been great at working to resolve any problems and I personally would highly recommend them.

Customer Service is key to any successful business. If any company doesn't provide this service, I personally will not deal with them. I've never found any one parts supplier that "exclusively" carries a part. If they can get it, so can another supplier.

jerrybny
06-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Just think. You could be buying your parts from Wal-Ma and you know where all the parts would be made.

BTW the last order from TRF I asked that if it had to be backordered please notify me. Well it took a week but I did receive a letter stating the part was back ordered and wouldn't be available for a couple of weeks. When I called to cancel my order they were very friendly and understood why I was canceling. I needed the part now. If I hadn't I wouldn't have minded waiting. Also try and get the detailed diagrams that TRF has from the other 2 major outlets.

Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

TR_Jim
06-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Waiting a week to find out your part is on backorder doesn't cut it with me. I never order online from them because of that. At least on the phone you can find out right away. That's one thing I like about VB online ordering. It tells you what's in stock and what isn't.

jerrybny
06-14-2006, 04:22 PM
If I had called I would have asked them and they would have told me right then it wasn't in stock.

martx-5
06-14-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Waiting a week to find out your part is on backorder doesn't cut it with me. I never order online from them because of that. At least on the phone you can find out right away. That's one thing I like about VB online ordering. It tells you what's in stock and what isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif If you order online with Moss, by the next day you will get an e-mail listing everything that's being shipped, and what's on backorder.

One time I ordered online from TRF on a Saturday, on Sunday I realized I forgot a part (floor pan). I entered another order on Sunday, with instructions to add it to the other order so I would get the free shipping, as the order was well over the $600 that got you the free shipping. Actually, it was over $2000 with the floor pan. I called up Monday morning to make sure they would include the second order with the first. I was informed that since there were two seperate orders, I would have to pay shipping charges on the second one. Now, mind you, this was over the weekend, and I called early enough on Monday that putting the two together shouldn't have been a problem. "We have our rules"...I asked to speak to the saleslady's manager and was told that "he wasn't available". Well, in that case I'll just have to cancel both orders. Within twenty minutes, I got a phone call from TRF saying that combining the two orders wouldn't be a problem. Great. About a week later, most of the stuff came in, but one of the items that was backordered, was THE FLOOR PAN. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif All that non-sense over something they didn't even have in stock. I cancelled the floor pan, as Moss had it in stock. So I wound up paying shipping on it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

urchin
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I have driven Triumphs and MG's as daily drivers since 1968 when I bought my first used Spitfire. Once Triumph and then British Leyland left me high and dry, I've used all the major and some minor LBC suppliers. TRF has never been big in the fringe Triumphs that I've owned, the Spitfire and the TR-7, but I have always wanted to support them because of their quest for retaining quality and originality. Whenever possible, I check them out when I need to order parts.

The biggest problem I've confronted is the fact the parts I need are often out of stock. Using my cars as daily drivers mean the back order petrifies and annoys me. More often than not, I have to turn to Moss Motors or Victoria British (Or Wedgeparts or the Wedge Shop for my TR-7) in order to keep my car on the road.

I have been treated both courteously and brusquely by the tech line at TRF. Of course, at least they have one!

Jeff

Flinkly
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
this might be a little off topic, but since i'm restoring a gt6, the thing that annoys me most is that everyone leaves the gt6 high and dry for parts, since it's "rarer" and less "cool". also, alot of parts are direct swaps between the spitfire and even tr6, but they still aren't included as gt6. oh well, i guess that just means i have to be smarter.

a little off topic, but where does BPNW stand as far as quality? they are located within a half an hour and i was hoping to get alot of my parts from them and skip shipping prices...

AngliaGT
06-14-2006, 05:34 PM
You can't go by & pick up your parts at BPNW -
I was told that they're "mail-order" only.
It has something to do with the IRS rules,or something like that.

- Doug

Brosky
06-14-2006, 07:33 PM
In fairness to TRF, they have always been very fair and responsive to any request that I've had to add on to an order as long as it was possible. Through my own fault, I have forgotten items and had to call back to add them on and it has never been a problem.

Again, in dealing with Dave and Dan, I've found that they will suggest additional parts that I've missed when ordering components that are key to the installation and they saved me headaches by doing so. That you will not get from an order placed over the internet.

It seems that by using level two, the problems have been eliminated for me, with the exception of never getting a reply from the owner, which I feel is ridiculous in this day and age. Particularly when I get an email nearly every week asking me to by more products from his company.

All in all, I do like the company and hope that they do well. I just hope that the proper individual gets the message and corrects the attitudes and adjusts his personal policy of non communication with customers requesting a few minutes of his precious time.

TR4nut
06-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Flinkly-

I've been very happy with BPNW - good quality parts at very competitive prices, quick shipping (to Texas, anyway), good service - just more limited in what they offer than the other big vendors.

And, in hoping that this thread dies a quiet death, I will soften my previously more negative note earlier - I've had troubles really with all vendors at one time or another - but all of them solved the problem to my satisfaction. I just don't understand why they don't immediately realize I'm their most important customer!

Seriously, to each his own here, but I think we all should be thankful that we have a few choices out there still for parts.

Randy

06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
I think there has been enough said about vendors. For every one of you that has a problem with a vendor, ten of us like them, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. If you don't like the way you have been treated by any certain vendor, hey, it's still a free country - don't call them anymore. Real simple. Everyone knows that if it weren't for the LBC vendors, we would all be restoring Datsuns.
Let's move on to other things.

Bill

swift6
06-15-2006, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this might be a little off topic, but since i'm restoring a gt6, the thing that annoys me most is that everyone leaves the gt6 high and dry for parts, since it's "rarer" and less "cool". also, alot of parts are direct swaps between the spitfire and even tr6, but they still aren't included as gt6. oh well, i guess that just means i have to be smarter.

a little off topic, but where does BPNW stand as far as quality? they are located within a half an hour and i was hoping to get alot of my parts from them and skip shipping prices...

[/ QUOTE ]

BPNW is British Parts North West. Another option for GT6's and Spitfire's is https://www.spitbits.com/

A friend of mine has recently restored a GT6 and had good luck with them. You do still have to play the cross reference game sometimes though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

hondo402000
06-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I have orders lots of parts from them and for the most part got my parts within a week or two. Seems to me when you call someone, anyone and you have an attitude up front they get an attitude too.

Flummoxed
06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with LearJeff. I'm really not trying to pile on, as they're always two sides to a story. But I do def. feel as though an attitude is reflected as if they're doing me a tremendous favor by letting me order from them (or ask them tech. questions). And this is with me being very polite and acknowledging that they are busy. Furthermore, if I had a dime for every part that was not in stock, my TR6 would be completely restored by a professional. Also, I must add this: I have been let down many times on tech. advice that was missing vital info. Now, I understand they're busy, but you can't have an advice line if you're going to do it half-hearted and leave out very obvious info.(in hindsight, after I've started the repair) that is vital to a very novice mechanic like myself. This place has become my last resort, as I've found a midwest company to be much more efficient.
Sorry, Bill, I didn't see your post about closing this out. I respect the vets. here, and wouldn't have posted had I seen that at first.

jsneddon
06-15-2006, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there has been enough said about vendors. For every one of you that has a problem with a vendor, ten of us like them, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. If you don't like the way you have been treated by any certain vendor, hey, it's still a free country - don't call them anymore. Real simple. Everyone knows that if it weren't for the LBC vendors, we would all be restoring Datsuns.
Let's move on to other things.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

amen...

4aKen
06-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I disagree that this has become a tiresome thread. Parts availability, correctness, and technical help are the life blood of our hobby. This is a worldwide forum with an informed membership. We are the makers and the breakers of of the LBC vendors fortunes. I'm sure this thread will make the rounds.
I'm also going to give a couple of the vendors I've heard some good things about a try.
To his credit, that "factory" guy was a real positive force in the dark 80s for the car....Triumph.