PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A This is what is left of the "free" TR3 engine.....

06-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Got rid of all the usuable parts save the block, cam and crank.
Anyone have any use for these parts. Too big to mail...pick up only. Cheap. Cost me $213 to have them cleaned and Magnafluxed.
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/block.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/crank.jpg
Bill

mrv8q
06-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey, Bill, at your convenience, can you snap a picture of the inside of the block? I have no idea what one looks like....... Many thanks!

06-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Here ya go, Kev...
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/inside.jpg
The inside has a nice frosting of surface rust. I gotta put a coating of motoroil on it, just came out of the bath.

Bill

(oh, and the big toe is mine...)

Brosky
06-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Does the right side foot down in the lower right of the block picture come with the package or is available separately?

tomshobby
06-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Paul, I think guys that age just forget their shoes and socks sometimes....hehehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

06-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Actually, I forgot my clothes!!

That is dangerous because Goop can be very irritating to certain body parts.
(Jaybird shouldn't read this.)

Bill
Crotchety old man

tomshobby
06-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I know how it is, I even drool once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gotta go for a drive, be back later this evening.

mrv8q
06-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the pix, Bill, for "service above and beyond!"

jsneddon
06-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Bill.

while you've still got it could you snap a picture of the block drain? Does the hole go straight through to the #4 sleeve area or is there a passage of some sort in that side of the block. Actually any reference photos of where water flows would be nice for future reference. I'm also wondering where the water goes on the rear driver side of the block.

Thanks

06-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Jim,
Yes, the threaded hole for the drain goes on into the area of the #4 sleeve. The inside part of the hole is a cast hole, not thread thru-and-thru. The only other passageway for the water is the rectangular cast hole in the front of the block at the water pump. There are no other holes, save the large rectangular hole between #2 and #3 sleeves. Looks like the figure-of-8 gaskets are the only thing that keep the water out of the oil sump. You are right if you are assuming that this seems to be a poor flow of water to cool the sleeves, unless the head finishes the job. I would assume the head (mine is now someone's boat anchor) has water passages that would allow for flow through the block. Sorry I can't confirm that for you.

Want a block? Anyone? You make the crate, you pay the freight and it is yours, free! Or come over here to South Loosiana and pick it up, literally. The darn thing almost took my back out getting out of the back of my pickup. Should have let my wife do it, she's tougher than me...
Actually, I'd take a hundred bucks for it but freight and building a crate is not something I want to do. Any takers?

Basil, if I keep trying to hawk my engine parts on the forum, you will probably make me go over to the classifieds section. I'll quit.

Bill the sly merchant

Bill

06-10-2006, 02:19 PM
All bets are off....The Block Is Cracked. Sonofagun!

To the dump tomorrow.

Bill

Brosky
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Aw man! As thet say here in New England.........Bummah!!