PDA

View Full Version : GT6 John Thomason's Triumph&Gt6"A Guide To Originality

myspitfire
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Where to find? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif New or Used. In the USA.
Supposably the one only finely detailed hard back about factory correct restoration details.

Andrew Mace
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, yes and no. It's not of incredibly great value for cars built to "Federal" specification, although it is very useful for changes that occured across the model line regardless of destination market.

Watch eBay, and try sites such as abebooks.com to find used copies.

[TRIUMPH SPITFIRE AND GT6 A GUIDE TO ORIGINALITY. (ISBN: 1852238933) THOMASON.] is what you're looking for! Currently, four are listed on abebooks.com and one is listed on amazon.com.

myspitfire
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks Andy;I'm looking for a source in the US,It seems in my travels on the WWW they are abundant in the UK,but i'm try-in to escape the exchange rate.Cheers
Ken&Whitelightning(myspitfire)

JamesWilson
06-08-2006, 05:49 AM
I've done a quick look. The cheapest UK vendor sells one for $17 + $8 (surface) or $17 (air); Amazon US sells for $30 + $3 for shipping. Not much difference, and you'd probably find the longer wait more of an issue. I always do with international orders.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Please note that you can sign up with ABE and create a "wants" list that will automatically notify you whenever a copy is offered for sale.... I've found this a very useful facilty when trying to run down old, out of print books that aren't often offered for sale. I get immediate notification and don't have the hassle of regularly checking....

BobSands
06-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey myspitfire... Amazon.com says they have one. New, $29.80.
Take Care Bob

myspitfire
06-08-2006, 08:06 PM
(BIG)THANKS guys....Myspitfire means HIGH OCTANE Whitelightning,(with a little cornmsash(ethanol)mixed in;-)