PDA

View Full Version : Spotted on side of road, for sale - 1960 'rumf

jaybird
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Took Binabox out for a ride yesterday and lookie what I found. Stopped, was no 'for sale' sign, but the guy clearly is in no hurry to restore this car. Engine was rebuilt 2-3 years ago, redid the body work, no bondo, all patched and welded, has the new interior waiting to install. Said he'd sell it for $7000. I have no idea what the going rate is on this car, but here's pics. If anyone is interested, it's located metro St. Louis, about 5 minutes from my house. PM me.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/tr3.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/tr2.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/demies/tr1.jpg

jaybird
06-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Added... if someone is interested, I can contact the guy, go take more pics and get more detailed information.

soren_ak
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
hi Jaybird - my dad might be interested in the triumph - culd u take some photos please from all the places u know thats importent. -
thanks

please send them to my email if possible

(now after this please go find a bighealey same way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif hehhe

soren_ak@hotmail.com

jaybird
06-05-2006, 01:07 PM
I can't get there before Saturday (they'll be closed by the time I can get there) - but I'll call, make sure he has the car there and take a flashlight, my trusty magnet & mirror & camera along if you'd like.

soren_ak
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
that wuld be so nice
ty a bunch -

soren

jaybird
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
I hope your dad is closer than Denmark.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

soren_ak
06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
ahh well hes prolly closser by 150 kilometers to you then i am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif - it will be some 1500 us dollers to get it here and then some 1200-2000 to get in through the system to get it transfermed to danish numberplates -

that makes it about some 10.000 us dolles +++ all whats needed to fix small problems up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol amg. europe sucks when comes to old cars.

soren

jayhawk
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Noted another TR in the Kansas City Star: "near perfect" 1959 TR3 for $16K. Looked up the NADA listing for a '60 TR3 and prices range from $9100 to 25,400. I like it.

soren_ak
06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
yeah ive heard that best i culd do is to put an add in some of the newspaipers in the states - only they darn hard to find the adress on - any chance you guys and girls culd mail me the adress of your local newspaiper when u got a hour a sonday afternoon.
that wuld be nice

ty much
soren

06-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I called the owner of the yellow TR3 after I got the number from Janel. Quite a character! His wife first answered the phone and I when I told her I was calling about the TR3 for sale, she got really miffed. She didn't know it was for sale. SEE WHAT YOU STARTED, JAYBIRD. Anyway, after she calmed down I got to talk to the guy, good ole boy originally from Houston. Between the expletives, I could hear the tobacco being spit from his teeth. Actually a nice guy after he warmed up to a total stranger. The car is a sheet-metal rehab, gotta do a lot of cuttin' to bring it back to original I guess. Fair share of Bondo. Pics look good, but so do my highschool photos of me. Engine is anybodies guess, what with ZS carbs and all. Yellow paint over Candy Apple Green Emron over...
I told him I would talk to him again, maybe if Janel gets over that way on Saturday. It's getting harder and harder to find a solid TR3 that doesn't require trading off my first-born son for.

Bill

GTScott
06-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I have been interested in following this one. $7K for a rebuilt engine in a decent bodied TR3 sounded good to me. I think the reality is far closer to the last post though.

I probably should start a new thread for this, but what is a 95% restored car worth these days? I saw a 100% go to $26K on ebay last week and I see a lot advertised around 20K. Are these crazy prices?

jerrybny
06-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd gladly trade my 2 teenage sons for an 60's TR. Just kidding about the teenagers not the 60's TR