PDA

View Full Version : TR6 71' TR6 head anyone?

kodanja
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know where I could purchase a complete head with rockers and everything, either reconditioned or new.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I would like to replace the existing head unit on my 71' TR6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif
I thought about sending mine out to have redone, but then ill lose all my driving time for the next month or so.
after I replace the old one , I will then send mine out to have reconditioned and then sell it.

Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanx ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

SpannerMan
05-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Another option (that you have probably thought of?) would be to order a rebuilt head (e.g. TRF or Rimmer Bros) and send yours in for the core/exchange part?

Pete

Andy Blackley
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Team Triumph ( https://www.teamtriumph.com/ ) has them setting on a shelf, ready to go. At least they did last itme I was there.
Scott Harper is a great guy to deal with.

05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Rebuilt head, yes. With rockers, probably no. What is wrong with your rockers that you want to replace them. You may well be able to buy the overhauled rocker setup from one of the smaller shops, but not TRF or Moss. Doesn't take much to refresh your old setup. Or, go with roller rockers. That said, you won't see any appreciable horsepower gains from roller rockers alone. Have you considered getting a reconditioned head that offers 9.5:1 compression? Then, roller rockers would add something......then you need headers, free-flow exhaust, better carbs....do you see where this is going?

Just send off to TRF or the other mentioned vendor and get a new stock head. I will be getting you in trouble.

Before you know it, you will be passing up busses with little old men (wait, I'll a little old man!) and laying rubber and saying, "woo hoo.." all the way.

Bill

kodanja
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I have the weber dgv carbs, a header and a monza exhaust system in place right now...

im not really trying to increase H.P.,
just trying to make the car run more efficeint.
(not to mention the head gasket leaking)
I dont plan on changing the cam either.
thanx everyone as usual youve given me more to think about.

I may end up contacting https://www.teamtriumph.com, sounds like the logical choice

05-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Bill,
When ordering a newly rebuilt head, make sure you ask that the valve seats are hardened for unleaded fuel. In reality, you can drive almost forever with regular seats but it won't hurt to have them improved. And of course, check around more than one source. Team Triumph are good people, but so is TRF. Pricing may be different, may not be.

Too, cool site you have!

Bill

kodanja
05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I just checked with TRF, they have the hardened valve seats
they are charging 569. + 200$ core charge, with no charge for shipping!
I haven't gotten a response from team triumph yet, but Rimmer wants 575. + 175. core. i'm sure shipping would kill me thou.

glad ya like the site im going to be updating it real soon!
feel free to browse and while yer there sign the guestbook!

DougF
05-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Scott Harper will sell a head that is not rebuilt but checked to spec. If anything needs fixed, it is. The head I bought from him did not include rockers. He told me that he has never had any problems with heads he has sold. The price is very reasonable. He does want a core exchange.

kodanja
05-24-2006, 07:18 PM
How can I contact him?

Andy Blackley
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
He owns Team Triumph. Use the link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

kodanja
05-24-2006, 10:04 PM
can you send a different link i cant seem to get past the home page.....?

thanx