PDA

View Full Version : Forum Addiction

jerrybny
05-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I must have forum addiction. My morning is ruined when I try to come here and find out that the forum isn't available. Its especially depressing when the cause is the actions of some low life twit. If they think they are that smart they ought to get a real job at a software company and make the big bucks. But nooooooooooooooooooo they have to mess up the lives of us hard working honest people who happen to have productive hobbies. OK I'm gonna get off my soapbox now. Thank Basil for staying the course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

kodanja
05-23-2006, 06:01 PM
it's people like that , that give computer operators a bad name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spam.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

WhatsThatNoise
05-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Why screw up this forum....

There are plenty of really stupid forums to mess with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jsneddon
05-23-2006, 08:34 PM
and who said this is a productive hobby???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Brosky
05-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I hate it when this forum goes down. Then I'm forced to go on to ebay and the LBC catalog sites, which is starting to get expensive. But I am productive then, so I guess that it ain't all bad.

GeorgiaTriumph
05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
What happened?

05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
its horrible when its down.
i have to do work instead.
ugggh.

05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
While the forum was briefly down, I went surfing (shouldn't say that too loudly) and bumped into another British car forum, this one dedicated to the MGB. Man, you think we are addicted! Those guys (and gals) were heavy into "chat". Many of them are on this forum as well. Some of them have a grand total of over 10,000 posts! I thought I was bad. When do they sleep?

Bill

jsneddon
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
That's funny because if you read their forum for a while they complain about how "chatty" it is over here. A couple of people on the old Triumph E-mail list complain about the chatty-ness here too.

Can't please all the people all of the time I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes... my forum addiction is so bad that I end up lurking at the MGB forum too. AND the Triumph email list.

But when I need an answer I always come back to my buddy Basil because I don't have to worry about wording everything JUST right to avoid a flaming by the crotchety.... and there are enough of us nuts hanging around all the time that I'll get an answer within an hour tops.

kodanja
05-24-2006, 08:58 PM
It's the best place to find the correct answers for all yer LBC needs !

WhatsThatNoise
05-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Sometimes you have to be quick...

I spied a freshly posted question about something that was rather obscure & a minute later 2 people beat me answering it.

JamesWilson
05-25-2006, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ugggh.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I consider myself the Maynard G. Krebs of my work (!) place.....

martx-5
05-25-2006, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugggh.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I consider myself the Maynard G. Krebs of my work (!) place.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone under 60 know who Maynard G. Krebs was/is??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

kodanja
05-25-2006, 07:13 AM
NOPE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

tomshobby
05-25-2006, 07:27 AM
I have been trying to remember Dobie's girlfriend. Or more accurately she was always after him and he always resisted.

I am not addicted to this forum. I just seem to find myself here a lot of the time. If there is a 12 step program for this I do not want to know about it.

billspit
05-25-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm 52 and I know.

ObiRichKanobi
05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to remember Dobie's girlfriend. Or more accurately she was always after him and he always resisted.

I am not addicted to this forum. I just seem to find myself here a lot of the time. If there is a 12 step program for this I do not want to know about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like a little dose of denial /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

tomshobby
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Rich, it is not so much denial, more that I enjoy the fever and am avoiding anything that resembles a cure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelda is her name.

Mickey Richaud
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rich, it is not so much denial, more that I enjoy the fever and am avoiding anything that resembles a cure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelda is her name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - Zelda was the one that had a crush on Dobie...

Mickey Richaud
05-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Dobie liked Thalia.

tomshobby
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Mickey, you are right, sometimes the cobwebs are a little thick. That was a fun show.

Mickey Richaud
05-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I saw a rerun a while back - or maybe it was a special on the show (cobwebs here, too!). The show was a bit ahead of its time, but I always enjoyed it. Especially when Dobie would do a monologue about what was transpiring in the story. Oh, and him sitting next to the statue, "The Thinker". Good stuff.

kodanja
05-25-2006, 02:58 PM
You guys really are old..................lol

4aKen
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Wasn't that Tuesday Weld, her and the girl on the Mickey Mouse club helped my formative years along....

Mickey Richaud
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't that Tuesday Weld, her and the girl on the Mickey Mouse club helped my formative years along....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - she and Annette held many a young man's interest!

tomshobby
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
We may be a little older but you will be surprised just how quick that happens.

There is one thing we do have and that is all the memories of what it was like when these cars were new and the fun we had before the traffic and laws got so crazy.

Some of us have written of some of those times and I hope more do the same. The stories are part of the history of these LBC's.

Sorry, I will step down from the soapbox now.

tomshobby
05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep - she and Annette held many a young man's interest!

[/ QUOTE ]

Interest, so that is what it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That Walt Disney was no fool when he had the Mousketeer girls wear those sweaters.

kodanja
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
All do respect.

05-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Last year I visited my aunt in a nursing facility in Burbank and who should join us at the lunch table but Annette's mom! Cool. Poor Annette has MS in the worse kind of way though. She is the reason to this day that I will only eat Skippy peanut butter. Who says advertisements don't work?

Old Bill

JamesWilson
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poor Annette has MS in the worse kind of way though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really sorry to hear this... my wife has it too; and Scotland is the worst place in the world in terms of its incidence....