PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day at the Track for Someone.

aeronca65t
05-13-2006, 07:15 AM
This crash happened at the Pocono last weekend when our club (EMRA) was there.

This DID NOT happen in our EMRA event, but in another event run on another part of the track by a club called "PDA" (Pocono often splits the track up and rents out sections to different clubs)

There was a lot of criticism about this video because the driver actually pulled off so that he could finish taping the crash.
The woman who was his instructor posted a noted on the Audi forum about how ticked off she was.
This video wouldn't play on my other computer but it runs fine on my laptop. I walked up and saw these cars afterward. The NSX looked totaled the the damage on the other cars was extreme.

https://videos.streetfire.net/video/D913F445-B773-42E8-B23C-5D7B82294422.htm

GB1
05-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Don't understand the pull off either, track was clear ahead. Thanks for the vid.

ooouuccchhh!

Matthew E. Herd
05-13-2006, 09:01 AM
My thought is that he was trying to avoid getting hit from behind. It also seemed like he was a bit new at the whole affair, given the off-track excursion at the beginning of the video. Can't say I'd do any better, but that's my impression! Better safe than sorry.

Steve
05-13-2006, 11:51 AM
My first thought was that maybe he was pulling off to render assistance.........that would, in my estimation, condone him pulling off like that. But just to finish taping? That's a no-no!

WhatsThatNoise
05-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I have never seen a parking lot next to a hot track.

What's up with that?

Joel Simmons
05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
What a dirtbag (the driver). You could tell that the instructor was confused as to why he/she had stopped after a few moments. Then she gestures back towards the camera and begins to remove her safety equipment.

I too would be a bit angry if I were her.

Joel

racing girl
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
That is bad. Let's hope there was more to it than a morbid fascination... maybe he knew the bloke who went off?

I also agree with Elva, very odd to have those cars parked right next to a hot track like that... an accident waiting to happen.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

hpmowog
05-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Here is a link to a rather long thread on this subject, with more information than you probably want to know:

The rest of the story (https://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29299)

Nunyas
05-16-2006, 10:28 PM
rather long is an understatement.... a person can spend an entire day going through all of that information. There seems to be at least 5 different discussions on this incident accross as many different message boards. And the driver of the car with the video camera doesn't understand what he's done wrong. And apparently the driver of the Evo that hit the cars in the staging area should have been pitted and not allowed to drive on the track long before the incident occurred (he'd spun at least twice earlier in the day).

definitely feel sorry for the owners of the G35 and the NSX... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Joel Simmons
05-17-2006, 12:36 AM
I dare say he's probably a member of my generation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Nunyas
05-17-2006, 02:22 AM
doesn't matter what generation he's from... all generations has their share of bone heads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RobSelina
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
is there another link for the video? I can't seem to get that one to work. Tried on 3 different machines now with no luck....

DrEntropy
06-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Gotta use a computer to view it, Rob, not an LBC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Nunyas
06-07-2006, 09:30 PM
the video *is* broke... must have exceded bandwidth or the original poster of the video (the driver) removed it or something. I tried searching google video and came up with nada...

DrEntropy
06-07-2006, 10:02 PM
..so an LBC is as good as a browser?!?!

...who'd a' thunk it.

Nunyas
06-07-2006, 10:58 PM
yeah sure... why not.. you can use it to browse for a new passenger... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif