PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 DASH HELP?

jd72tr6
05-09-2006, 12:22 PM
HI ALL, DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN OLD TR6 DASH THEY WANT TO SELL? ANY CONDITION. I NEED THE METAL PEICES ON THE BACK OF THE DASH TO HOLD THE ROCKER SWITCHES IN. I SENT MY DASH TO SOMEONE WHO POSTED IN THIS FORUM WHO WAS GOING TO REVANIER IT FOR ME AND I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET AHOLD OF HIM. HE WAS IN POOR HEALTH LAST I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM. BOUGHT A NEW DASH FROM TRF, NOW NEED METAL PIECES FOR NEW DASH. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU JIM

crj7driver
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM
I am in a similiar boat, sent my dash to him, it wasn't even in that bad of shape, just some light cracking. But I haven't been able to get him either. Talked to him a bunch a few weeks ago, but not able to get a hold of him for the last week or so. I knew he was not doing great, I hope he is OK. Btw, how is the dash from TRF?

As far as the metal pieces, I pulled mine off the back and can give you the dimensions if that helps.

Let me know, or I know of a few TR dismantlers, and I am sure they can sell you those parts.

jd72tr6
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi thanx for the reply, Sounds like we had the same dash boards. minor cracking. I was'nt going to waste anymore nice weather waiting. I got the 69-71 dash from TRF, their on sale for $189.95 plus shipping. very nice walnut dash very happy with it. If could give me info on dismantlers would be great. I just want to get the car on the road. thanx again jim

Flummoxed
05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Guys-
I'm new, and had a question about removing (and installing) the veneered wooden fascia. Is it possible to do this by just removing the front five screws. or must every guage be disconnected from the rear first. In which case, does anyone have nay tips for unscrewing the (stuck) knurled tach cable from the back of the guage?

tomshobby
05-12-2006, 03:28 PM
The gages have to be disconnected. The spedo and tach are clamped to the metal support also. On these you can gain slack by disconnecting the cables under the hood first. Then remove the post clamps. They should then be able to pull out far enough to remove the cables with them in front of the dash.
Dash removal is not difficult but it is not a five minute job either.

DougF
05-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Check with Scott Harper at Team Triumph in Warren, OH. (330)392-7176.

jd72tr6
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS HELP!!! TEAM TRUMPH SAVES THE DAY. JIM