PDA

View Full Version : Interior Trim & Carpet Glue

JFS
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I am installing a new interior kit from Rimmer Bros in my Poseiden greenTR8. I kept the original golden tan color but opted for the leather seats and plain door panels rather than the original check patterned cloth. The carpets and panels require gluing and I haven't been pleased with any of the trim adhesives I've used in the past. Anybody find anything that really works well?

Geo Hahn
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I used a 3M spray adhesive (number 08074) and thought it easy to use & control with suitable hold. Practice spraying and note the ways the spray tip can be turned to change the pattern so you get a thin lacy result (or whatever you are trying for).

LastDeadLast
05-05-2006, 01:52 PM
3m same here. It's strong, but does give you a little time to adjust the item that you're gluing.

pei
05-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I just finised installing new carpets and found the 3m product good as well. There is two different strength products. I used the light one for the headliner and the heavy duty for the side carpets. I got both at UAP.

Joe

JFS
05-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks, guys; 3M it is. I bought a can of the Super adhesive this morning and will use it next week. Thanks again.