PDA

View Full Version : Cowl Vent Seal Problem

MadRiver
05-02-2006, 01:29 PM
So, I've been eyeing the rotten rubber seal on the cowl vent on my TR-250 for some time, and decided to replace it. The operation was easy enough, but the new seal (Moss item) is just to tall -- the vent cover now sits up higher than I'd like! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Has anyone replaced this particular piece of rubber and found a solution to a problem such as this? All advice is, as always, most appreciated.

Alan_Myers
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Bill,

Just give it some time. The new rubber seal will gradually compress a bit, due to the constant spring pressure on it whenever the vent cover is closed, and will likely end up just where you want it.

If you wish, it might speed up the rubber compression if the car is set out in the sun a bit and gets nice and warm. Or it might help if you were to carefully stack some books or something similar atop the closed vent cover for a few days (probably best to remove them before driving the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

MadRiver
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks Alan! I'll give all those a try! The car isn't going anywhere for a few days -- I sprung an air leak (that I suspect was caused by a fluid leak, but that remains to be seen) in my servo, so I'm parked for the time being. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif