PDA

View Full Version : TR4/4A New TR4 Frame

Mental
04-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi, I haven't posted here in a very long while and wasn't much more than a lurker before then, but I have a question I am hoping you can help with.

A few months back, I read about a company that was manufactoring new TR3 frames and would be introuducing new TR4 frames. I even remember going to the website, but I am away from home and don't have access to my stack of magazines.

Does anyone here know the name of the outfit doing this, maybe even have a link?

Thanks so much for your help, and hopefully I'll be here more as I actually start to re-assemble this rusty thing.

04-29-2006, 05:04 AM
www.rat-co.com (https://www.rat-co.com)

Bill

Mental
04-29-2006, 11:56 AM
The man = you.

That's the one, thanks a bunch!

Rusticus
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Mental,
I'm sure Ratco could do it for you - but their current info just talks about TR4A-TR6 type frames. They're gonna have to make up some new jigs and tooling to make an original type TR4 frame.
That being said, there's no reason in the world why your TR4 body wouldn't fit perfectly on the later style frame. Some more work involved, perhaps, to reuse as many of your TR4 parts as possible. Read the thread about the TR4/4A differences.
Good luck!

Mental
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Blast it, I didn't pay attention. Thanks for the piont out. I guess i will hafta read up.

DNK
04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Better yet, just call them