PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum connections

Rob_T
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
My 69 TR6 Has cracked vacuum connections that go from the metal vacuum lines to the carbs. The carb side is smaller than the metal lines coming off the manifold. Roughly 1/8" to 3/16" in a molded elbow. Part is NLA from Moss. Any thoughts out of the box?

Cheers,

Rob

rob

Banjo
04-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Local U-Pull-It. You'd be amazed at what you can find.
Mid 80's Hondas are a great source of vacuume lines and connectors.
For that matter anything in the 80's

Andy Blackley
04-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Rob: Are you restoring for concours? If not then consider removing the metal vacuum lines et al and cap the ports with vacuum caps. If your distributor has both advance and retard then run a simple, single rubber vacuum line from the front carb to the advance module on the dizzy. Many TR6s have the retard module only, and it is often disconnected with no ill effects. On my TR250 I installed a rebuilt dizzy having only advance, no retard.
All the lines were there wheen I acquired the car, as was the original dizzy with non functioning retard or advance modules. They have been removed and saved for that future "concours" restoration (by someone else)..

Rob_T
04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Good idea about Pull it yards, worth a shot.
Andy, my dizzy has both modules, one line goes to the front carb and the other to the rear. I take it the metal lines are redundant then? The one line that looped down to the linkage had already been capped off.
I know this sounds a bit strange, but I like the look of metal lines, I even polished them!

Cheers,

Rob

TR4nut
04-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey, has everyone given up on The Roadster Factory? I still think they are a great resource. Here's a potential lead:

https://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/28.php

A quick call with one of those part numbers and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Randy

Rob_T
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Randy,
I'm just afraid to get my hopes up, only to be put on back order for months or worse. LOL

Cheers,

Rob

TR4nut
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Rob-

Yep, I've been bitten like that too. But those parts are supposedly still on sale until April 30, which sounds likely maybe they have something. I guess I'm pro-TRF, my order with them from two weeks ago shipped with zero backorders, just like I get with Moss. I placed another order today, so maybe they were just playing with me and I'll be in backorder limbo one more time..

Randy.

mccalebr
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't be too sure about correlating sale prices and availability. I'ver ordered a number of items from the most recent sale flyer; three items are still B/O. On the positive side, when they do come in the sale price is what's charged.

Ray

Rob_T
04-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Last time I had a back order come in they wouldn't honor the sales price. Maybe it was a new customer service rep, or maybe it took over a YEAR to get the parts in! Oh well life goes on, for now I'll just block off the the vacuum ports, until I sort it out.

Cheers,
Rob