PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Pad Bracket Instructions

jerrybny
04-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi does anyone have the instructions for mounting the bracket that goes between the 2 kidney pads on a TR6? Maybe someone that has them could scan them and send them to me. Thanks in advance.

RomanH
04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi Jerry,
You realy don't mount that bracket as much as you attach the pads to it. The bracket just sits on top of the transmission cover and a single screw on each side secures the pads to it. IIRC the long vertical end fits to the left of the heater box. Lay the bracket down on the trans cover, slide it under the heater and rotate into position. Pass a screw through the hole in the pad and screw it into the tinnerman nut on the bracket. Thats it.
Hope that helps.
Roman

Brosky
04-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Look at this: https://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/216.php

The drivers side goes on to the bracket that the vent control cable mounts, sitting under the vent cable clamp.

Stinky
04-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I bought a set of the kidney pads with speaker holes off ebay a few months ago,....I still cannot get them to fit.

I'm not sure if I'm just stupid,..or if they are not made correctly.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....I still cannot get them to fit.

I'm not sure if I'm just stupid,..or if they are not made correctly.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone has this problem. That is why, after three pairs of these things falling off and falling apart, I finally resorted to drilling and tapping the cast aluminum center brace and holding my pads on with some stainless screws. Looks hokey, but they never fall off.

Bill

ez_pa_6
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I just installed the kit from TRF which Brosky pointed to above. There were no instructions so I followed the diagram in the above link. So far, so good...

Ed

MadRiver
04-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I'd love to see some photos if people have them! Thanks!

ez_pa_6
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I wish I would have taken photos of the assembly before I installed it. Now that it's installed, you can't see how it was done.

The panels that I removed were held in place by two screws through the pad and into the dashboard support bracket. When I received the TRF kit, I quickly realized that this was not going to be held in place the same way. As I stated above, there were no directions so I followed the diagram on the web site and it seems to be fine. I had the speakers up all the way and it didn't shake loose...yet!

Ed