PDA

View Full Version : I am Triumphant! (this week)

Banjo
04-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I have my brothers '71 TR6 for the week. He's "letting" me drive it. That translates to " it's running like crud, could you sort it out for me?"
So far I've got the bonnet latch adjusted, filled up the brake reservoir ( haven't checked to see what's leaking yet) adjusted the idle so it stays running without the choke, and pulled out part of the dent in the rear end.
I still have to set the valves, points gap, timing, plug gap, and carbs. Then I gotta put togeather some kinda PCV system as it's all unhooked right now (actually I gotta do that before I set the carbs) and figure out why the rear carb keeps flooding over when it's parked (probably some guk in the float needle)
Sure is nice of my brother to "let" me drive his car, huh?
I have a feeling my dads MGB is next.
Gotta love being the family Tec.

AngliaGT
04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
So,if I loan you my Dakota,you'll fix the head gaskets,etc.?

- Doug

Banjo
04-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Nice try....

kodanja
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Nice of your bro. to lend you his LBC....................not!

trfourtune
04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
what's it going to cost him to get his car back? or does he get it back?
rob

jerrybny
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
And when he's done with your Dakota maybe he can replace my sons Saturn's fan belt.javascript:void(0)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bobh
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
When you finish sorting it out. Tell him there is still an intermitant problem that could leave him stranded. You will need a week or two to diagnose and fix.

AngliaGT
04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Tell him there's a lot of things that you found wrong on the car,& you should have it done by the end of the Summer.

- Doug

trfourtune
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
here here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cowboy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Tomster
04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
week or two? What's up with that?
Most QUALITY work can take m o n t h s !!