PDA

View Full Version : Here Come the questions: Tog Switch/bumper

R6MGS
04-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Well this is the first of whats probably going to be alot of questions from me.....Firstly.....Theres a small toggle switch on the console below the radio what is the function of this? I played with it a bit and it didn't seam to do anything.
Secondly: I've been toying with the idea of removeing the front bumper, theres a ton of caked on bug splats and dirt behind there...plus one of the mounts is already loose...I just want to remove the bumper so I can clean behind it and fix the mount...what is involved in removing it? I also will be removing the grill to paint it, I remember doing this on some of my other TR6's but I don't remember exactly how it's done, anyone want to give me a quick reminder?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

DNK
04-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Sent the instructions by email
don

R6MGS
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks Don...Looks like the bumper can be removed pretty easily

Hayfever
04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
The switch should turn on your interior light (or at least the one in my friend's 75 has a picture of a dome light on it, his isn't hooked up right now).

04-16-2006, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...Theres a small toggle switch on the console below the radio what is the function of this? I played with it a bit and it didn't seam to do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

There shouldn't be any "toggle" switch on your dash, I don't think that Triumph ever used them on the TR6. Now, there is an interior light switch right in from of the gear change lever that is a push-pull switch for the interior lights. Most everone that I know will disconnect this particular switch because they never use the interior lights and this is a great way to kill your battery by inadvertently leaving it pulled on. In fact, I use that exact switch to control my electric fan relay, with an added LED light aside it.

Bill

04-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Ditto Bill, should be a push-pull switch. I use mine (and the interior lights) all the time though.

R6MGS
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I was looking at some others today at a show and didn't see any toggle switches....I tried it again today but I didn't notice anything.....I guess I'll check to see if it's even connected.

Paulus
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
My 71 TR6 came with 2 toggles switches below the radio, asked the DPO what they were for and he did not know. I discovered that there were no wires conected, found some wiring in the engine compartment going to the front of the car and assume at sometime there had been driving lights installed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

R6MGS
04-17-2006, 09:00 PM
AH!...I too just noticed some wiring behind the bumper for some perviously installed foglights.....I guess that clears that up.
Thanks