PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Need help on tr6/250 top install

gjh2007
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Hello:

Getting ready to replace the top on my 250 this weekend. Here's the prob, DPO didn't have the webbing in to space out the top frame hoops. I need someone to give me meas. from front rail to first bow & from first bow to second (rear) bow so I can set up the new webbing & then put on top. If you can tell me how far above/in front of the window the 2nd hoop is that would be helpful also, although it might vary from top to top. I ordered mine from Moss & no name on it. Basic black vinly with zip out window.

Thanks to all!

DougF
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
You want to establish that measurement when installing the top. The bows should rest beneath the seams for a proper fit. Lengths may vary depending on the manufacturer etc.
It is best to install in the sun so the fabric will stretch.

Marvin Gruber
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree with Doug, place the bows where they fit the best with top on and in place. Mark with chalk and then fasten the webbing down.

Andy Blackley
04-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Agreed. When I replaced mine last year I had to drill out the old rivets on the webbing and reposition the hoops ever so slightly to match the seams. I installed a Robbins top. God knows what kind of top the old collection of rags was.

gjh2007
04-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks fellas, now if I can get the yard work done (thinking of putting our house on the market) Get the cover off the boat & do a Sat Soccer game I might have time to look at the TR!