PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A tr3 front blinkers

sp53
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
I have probably wired this thing wrong, but when I turn on the front blinkers on my tr3 with the head lights on I can not see the light blinking very well. It would be nice if the running lights went off when the head come on. Has anyone else had this problem?

sp53

donbmw
03-27-2006, 08:54 PM
It sounds like you may have the running lights and blinkers swapped. the running lights are not as bright and the blinkers. I have had them swapped on my TR3 and it is hard to see the blinkers blinking like that.

Don

Andrew Mace
03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have probably wired this thing wrong, but when I turn on the front blinkers on my tr3 with the head lights on I can not see the light blinking very well.

[/ QUOTE ]As already noted, you likely have the two power leads reversed. The side lamp filament is the "more prominent" of the two, and the flasher filament the "more recessed." [ QUOTE ]
It would be nice if the running lights went off when the head come on.

[/ QUOTE ]I've long preferred this arrangement, which of course all cars now have, where side (running) lights remain on when headlamps are on. At worst, it "marks" that side of the car at night if a headlamp fails.