PDA

View Full Version : I'm worse than a five year old I swear

03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
So my mechanic called up today.

I had arranged to go up to his shop tomorrow to take him the tank I had made, and the radiator with the oil cooler installed - it looks really nice btw.

He tells me that the axle shafts I've been waiting for since Dec arrived this morning. His two quotes are "they are powdercoated" and "they look really good". He also tells me that I'm going to have to modify the adapter plates on the R200 - the studs need to be cut off and drilled out to make holes to match the stock diff pattern.

Now I'm jumping around and twitching like a little child the night before xmas. I want it to be tomorrow so I can go see my car. Pretty sad, no?

VitSport6
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
No...Not sad at all, Merry Christmas!
Good luck tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GB1
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
not so bad when you got a bag of coal

Banjo
03-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I know exactly what you're going through.
Read "AAAUUUGGGHHH" in the Pub forum.
Keep sane!

03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh Ben I saw it, I saw it. I felt for you.

Banjo
03-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Well Alan, My tomorrow was yesterday, so I can return the sentiment now.
May sleep come easily, so the dawn comes quickly.

WhatsThatNoise
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
modify the adapter

[/ QUOTE ]
So that would be a "custom modified adapter" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like a OE part's 2nd cousin?

03-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Something like that.
I will finally know if they were worth waiting for though.

DNK
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Alan- I thought it was suppose to be a bolt on.
don

LastDeadLast
03-28-2006, 07:35 AM
The Nissan diff requires that the output flanges be redrilled to accept the TR axle bolt pattern. Same for the input flange too. Richard will do this for you if you buy the diff from him, but you need to handle this yourself, if you purchase the diff on your own.

03-28-2006, 07:41 AM
The output flanges on the R200 I got from Richard G. had adapter plates with studs welded in to match the TR bolt pattern. You just shove them through the holes in the halfshafts and bolt up.

The new halfshafts don't have enough clearance to accept these studs - they were designed to cope with the ORIGINAL diff - which as you remember had another set of four holes and was bolted to the halfshaft flange with four small bolts. The guy who made these said he provided hex head bolts that go through the other way (heads facing you as you look inward).

It'll be a lot easier to explain when I have a picture of it - it would be a direct bolt in if the studs on the adapter plates hadn't been welded into place. Now they just have to be cut off and holes drilled where they were. They unbolt from the diff so its not such a big deal.

It will be bolt in if you have an original diff though. I'll grab a camera before I head on up there and snap some pictures.

DNK
03-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Got it
don